I know a lot of people here probably think Earth is tripe, but last weekend I picked up a few Earth vinyls because they were intriguing to me, and it was quite good. I got Hibernaculum and Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version.

I generally think drone is crap, but the only drone I've listened to is Sunn and Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine (Earth song title BTW.) Earth 2 sounded exactly like Sunn except without the bullshit and amplified in all of the right directions. It's a double record and their is 3 songs, lol. The last song is a haze of half hour one-note drone, and it's fucking crushing, but it can be quite annoying after 10 minutes.

Hibernaculum was great. It's hardly traditional drone. For one, it had clean guitars with a little bit of bite. Like the tone from a boosted fender. The riffs are great, very stark sounding. The three songs on side A were great except the last which was boring. The song on side B is orgasm inducing.

I recommend Hibernaculum to anybody really, and I recommend Earth 2 only to people who are already familiar with drone and can stomach it.
i've been meaning to check out Earth for a while (recently got into Sunn 0)))), so i guess i'll get one of those soon.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I have Thrones and Dominions on CD and Earth 2 on LP.

Both amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing albums. They actually came to portland a few months ago for a festival...show got canceled though, I RAAAAAAAGED.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by metal Lover
I know a lot of people here probably think Earth is tripe, but last weekend I picked up a few Earth vinyls because they were intriguing to me, and it was quite good. I got Hibernaculum and Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version.

I generally think drone is crap, but the only drone I've listened to is Sunn and Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine (Earth song title BTW.) Earth 2 sounded exactly like Sunn except without the bullshit and amplified in all of the right directions. It's a double record and their is 3 songs, lol. The last song is a haze of half hour one-note drone, and it's fucking crushing, but it can be quite annoying after 10 minutes.

Hibernaculum was great. It's hardly traditional drone. For one, it had clean guitars with a little bit of bite. Like the tone from a boosted fender. The riffs are great, very stark sounding. The three songs on side A were great except the last which was boring. The song on side B is orgasm inducing.

I recommend Hibernaculum to anybody really, and I recommend Earth 2 only to people who are already familiar with drone and can stomach it.

Uhh
I can listen to drone every once in a while. Sunn Amps are crushing.
Was going to see them when they came over with Sir Richard Bishop earlier in the year but completely forgot to buy tickets. That would've been a great show
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Hex and Bees are both better than Hibernaculum, IMO, but I do love those three records. I don't have the old Earth stuff.
Oh, we aren't talking about Black Sabbath before it was Black Sabbath?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Oh, we aren't talking about Black Sabbath before it was Black Sabbath?
No, we're talking about a band that named themselves after Black Sabbath before they were Black Sabbath.
What if Black Sabbath was originally called Black Sabbath but then they saw a band called Earth, like the name more, went back in time and changed their name, but then the modern Earth decided to change their name instead and they decided they would have a duel and the modern Earth won?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by metal Lover
Did I assume wrong, lol?

Possibly, I've never seen anyone bitch about drone (ok, many those people,) but for the most part I don't think many people have a problem.
I'm listening to Hex right now.

It makes me want to buy a wagon and hit the Oregon Trail, ha. Good stuff.