A friend of our lead guitarist brought his old amp up so we could play with it. Needless to say it sounded absolutely amazing. Hardly any noise with the gain all the way up, which surprised me. I dated it my the serial number and it's from 1974. It's not gonna be sold except maybe to a friend of his. He could never let it out of arm's reach(which I totally understand) it's just that he doesn't play anymore.

So, what I'm asking is: What is an almost mint condition, fully functioning, 1974 Marshall Plexi worth in USD?

Also, if anybody knows anything about the '82 and '86 Jcm 800 Master Model 50 watt amps that would be great too. The 82 has good cleans but lacks in crunch while the 86 has ok cleans but can really crank out the brootalz.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the plexi said "MKII super lead 100W" on the back
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Nov 20, 2008,
I'd say about $1500-$2000 roughly.

Well if it is a one channel JCM800,the vertical inputs are much better from what I hear.

The MKII Superlead means it's a non-master volume. Does this Plexi have a master? If so any other mods? That will of course take down the value...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
1974 should not be a plexi panel unless whoever owned it replaced it with a plexi panel. It's probably worth around $1500 or so like Gabe said.
it's got a volume knob on the back of the plexi. dunno if that's what the master volume thing is. All I know is it sounded awesome as i didn't play through it myself.

The 86 jcm 800 has the vertical inputs and we all agree it sounds better. So ya i'd agree with that.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
OH! I forgot to mention it still has an old(possibly original?) leather cover that says marshall on it. faded writing of course.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by Revelation
it's got a volume knob on the back of the plexi. dunno if that's what the master volume thing is. All I know is it sounded awesome as i didn't play through it myself.

The 86 jcm 800 has the vertical inputs and we all agree it sounds better. So ya i'd agree with that.

The Marshall 2203 and 2204 amps weren't made with vertical inputs after 1985. They switched to cheaper parts and changed the input layout to horizontal.

I have an early '80s JCM 800 if you're curious about anything.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.