Hello all. I'm new here and just submitted my first Tab of and Old 97's song about a week back.

I've just started a two-man acoustic band with my friend Simon. We're only in the developing stages as a duo as yet, but we've done a home recorded track on garageband and have popped it up on myspace. We're called the E's. It's two guitars, two voices and occasionally a slide or harmonica depending on how we're feeling.

We'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at our stuff and leave some feedback. The guitar solo (seeing as we're on a guitar board) was a first take and I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with it. I can do better, but it's okay for a little demo I reckon.

So check us out at

www.myspace.com/theeesmusic

Cheers!
It's a nice song, I quite like it. I get the feeling you can do better on the solo but over all it's a really enjoyable little number. Keep it up!
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's a nice song, I quite like it. I get the feeling you can do better on the solo but over all it's a really enjoyable little number. Keep it up!

Cheers!

solo was a rush job, only had a tiny 12 sting mini Maton on me to record it with. We'll get that fixed for a proper recording. Thanks heaps for the feedback!
I am a very harsh critic so I'll get the negative out of the way first.

The solo was terrible, didn't fit the vibe of the song at all and was very sloppy.

To the good:

Your vocalist is excellent, but a bit shy on this track. Honestly, I think you guys are very radio friendly if you found a good backing band. Acoustic acts are really hard to sell these days. I really, honestly, thoroughly enjoy this song except for that solo. Totally took me out of it. What may work better in its place is a breakdown, maybe a'capella vocals or some harmonizing.

Potential, gentleman.
I like this and I think you should stay as an acoustic act. Clean up that solo (although to be fair i didnt mind it) and PM me when you have so I can download the song x
I've been here since '04.

Quote by Jandy
I am a very harsh critic so I'll get the negative out of the way first.

The solo was terrible, didn't fit the vibe of the song at all and was very sloppy.

To the good:

Okay, thanks, thats fine. Not my best work at all, as I said, when we did the recording I was using the guitar I'd used to do the fuller rythm tracks (12string Mini Maton). We've acknowledged that solos don't really fit what we're doing- this was the very first song we wrote (we've put about 10 together in as many weeks) and we were lost for a bridge. There aren't any solos in our other songs. I'll save that for my Telecaster band.

Quote by Jandy

Your vocalist is excellent, but a bit shy on this track. Honestly, I think you guys are very radio friendly if you found a good backing band. Acoustic acts are really hard to sell these days. I really, honestly, thoroughly enjoy this song except for that solo. Totally took me out of it. What may work better in its place is a breakdown, maybe a'capella vocals or some harmonizing.

Cheers. The vocalists are actually both of us. I had the more prominent role on this track, sime did the "don't look now's" and the "stay here's" in the chorus- mine was a bit shaky as I'm not really an accomplished vocalist but thankyou for your words. We switch up the vocals a whole lot, and do lots of harmonies. We'll let you know when there's more recorded in that style.