I was kind of baked and decided to restring my guitar and oil the fretboard/clean etc etc be stoned...anyways...

for some reason I wrapped the strings around the pegs in the opposite direction than I normally do. I was taught and see everywhere that the string say on low E wraps around the right side of the peg first

Easier to understand what i mean would be OPPOSITE direction than the normal as shown in this picture (as in mine does NOT look like this, but opposite,low E goes from left, not right etc):

Yeah yeah...im retarded, but hey I was pretty high so I just did it. I would restring it but I dont have any extra strings of this gauge (FR) lying around...just wondering if I need to go buy some new ones tomorrow and restring the damn thing.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Last edited by nvranka at Nov 20, 2008,
Shouldn't matter. The only reason it may cause an issue is that low E might be exposed beyond the headstock if you see what i mean...don't hit it against anything, with the tension beyond the locking nut, it'll more than likely snap.

Worth restringing? Probs not for a little while. Make sure it holds tune.

Also, nice guitar...
I believe that pic I found is an RR, my KV2's headstock does not expose the low E when I have it strung this way, so that isnt a problem.

it holds tune perfect, just wasnt sure if it caused some unknown tension issue or neck warper...i dno I feel as though I would overlook something like this for a few weeks and end up ****ing my guitar up.

just seems like something that would happen to me haha.

Also, nice guitar...

ty
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
I don't see how that could really cause any damage or anything like that but I have an idea. You don't need a new set of string to restring it just unwind the strings and wind them the right way.
Quote by Demigawd
I don't see how that could really cause any damage or anything like that but I have an idea. You don't need a new set of string to restring it just unwind the strings and wind them the right way.

If he's already clipped them, this could be rather difficult.
I've done it many times just unwind them flip them over so they will wrap the right way and hold them in place with your finger while you tighten them. It can be done and doesn't take that much longer than a using a new set.

I have used this method when I have broken a string after store hours, just take one off a guitar I don't play much until I can go get a new set.
Just restring with them, I often clean my fretboard by taking the strings off and putting the same ones back on.
i did that once...however only the high e string. it did effect the sound...whenever i would pluck on the fourth or sixteenth fret it would ring out with harmonic on top of it really loud.

well not loud as but loud enough so that you could tell it was there.
yo.

I BELIEVE