I found a photo of Ken Bethea's pedalboard. He's a guitarist who I really respect- he gets such a nice tone out of his Tele. Here's the picture.

So, my question is twofold.

One- I can see three tremolo pedals, if I'm not mistaken. Alongside an Ibanez Delay and Boss Tuner, there's An EHX Pulsar, an EHX Wiggler, and an MXR Stereo Trem (which I believe was once a dunlop pedal? anyone?). What would be the point in having THREE tremolos?

Secondly, Does anyone have any idea what the baby blue box in the centre is? I'd assume it's an overdrive or distortion of some description, but I'm not 100% on this.
The blue pedal is a Fulltone Fulldrive 2, but I don't think the EHX pedal on the far left is a Pulsar.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
not sure on the pedals
but the 3 tremolo thing is quite obvious actually
different setting for a different song
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Yeah, I wasn't sure on that supposed Pulsar either. does anyone know what it might be, now we have the Fulltone mystery solved?

Quote by roarinflames
not sure on the pedals
but the 3 tremolo thing is quite obvious actually
different setting for a different song

Would that be it though?

I mean, clearly that's an obvious purpose, but would it be possible to send, say opposing signals or currents?
well you can spend hours contemplating ideas as to why he has three different tremolos.
or you can just assume the obvious.

i have no reason to believe otherwise
so thats my $ .02
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by roarinflames
well you can spend hours contemplating ideas as to why he has three different tremolos.
or you can just assume the obvious.

i have no reason to believe otherwise
so thats my $ .02

Thanks.

But I still think there's more to it.
The one on the far left is an EHX Stereo Clone Theory. A chorus/vibrato pedal. I figured it out!
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
The one on the far left is an EHX Stereo Clone Theory. A chorus/vibrato pedal. I figured it out!

yea, just beat me to it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
From left to right: EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Boss tuner, EHX Tube Wiggler, Ibanez or Maxon Analog Delay, Fulltone Fulldrive, and one I don't recognize (the purple). It's not a MXR Stereo Trem because the MXR doesn't have that relief-stuff and the knobs are more V-aligned rather dan -- (if you know what I mean).

I think the purple pedal is some kind of overdrive
Quote by WtrPlyr
From left to right: EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Boss tuner, EHX Tube Wiggler, Ibanez or Maxon Analog Delay, Fulltone Fulldrive, and one I don't recognize (the purple). It's not a MXR Stereo Trem because the MXR doesn't have that relief-stuff and the knobs are more V-aligned rather dan -- (if you know what I mean).

I think the purple pedal is some kind of overdrive

I think its an Ibanez, the switch looks just like the one on my friends ibanez compressor.
edit: 2 people beat me to it, but yeah it's an EHX clone theory on the left.
Edit #2: the purple pedal might be an older version of this- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M159-Stereo-Tremolo-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150569 I really have no idea if it is or not, I'm just throwing that idea out there.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Last edited by BD 425 at Nov 20, 2008,
Quote by BD 425
I think its an Ibanez, the switch looks just like the one on my friends ibanez compressor.
Oh and 2 people beat me to it, but yeah it's an EHX clone theory on the left.

Yeah but the Ibanez and Maxon look the same:
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yeah but the Ibanez and Maxon look the same:

Oh wow, I didn't even know that.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
if you look at pink pedal
comparing to the picture with the maxon
it looks like an ibanez by looking at the glass bead for the LED
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by roarinflames
if you look at pink pedal
comparing to the picture with the maxon
it looks like an ibanez by looking at the glass bead for the LED

This, and the knobs look gold-ish on top instead of silver.
^^ same here
spent about an hour now looking for it
it almost looks like a fulltone
and im pretty sure ive seen a pedal like that before
but the name escapes me
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by BD 425

Edit #2: the purple pedal might be an older version of this- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M159-Stereo-Tremolo-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150569 I really have no idea if it is or not, I'm just throwing that idea out there.

If my memory serves me, these were manufactured by Jim Dunlop before MXR- I reckon this is one of the old school models, I thought someone could confirm. I'm fairly sure it's a Jim Dunlop Stereo Tremolo, but I'm not sure.

There's a split-second's worth of a shot in the video below about 2 and a half minutes in, where the bassist mentions that "Ken Found 2 or 3 pedals he really loves". It looks like one there, too.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FiOUp_xJNcU