Page 1 of 2
and kirk's solo
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
^You're an idiot. Srsly. Music is music, there is no composer or genre which makes inheritly bad music.

In rap songs, the "producer" is actually the composer. Most rappers, bar from Dr Dre and possibly and eminem, are actually intellectually idiots who don't have a musical bone in their bodies. Lyrical genious, maybe. Musical genious, barely.

Anyway, I'll answer your question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipop_(Lil_Wayne_song)
Writers: Dwayne Carter, Jr., Stephen Garrett, Jim Jonsin
Producers: Deezle, Jim Jonsin

Okay, the guy that wrote the lyrics was probably Stephen Garrett with Dwayne Carters (lil waynes) direction.

The guy that wrote the actual music was most likely Jim Jonsin.

The guy that probably did the recording and stuff and some sound effects was probably a guy named "Deezle."
why the hell would anyone ask this kind of question on ultimate-guitar? does lil wayne play guitar? i must have missed something..
weeeeeeeeeezy f babeyyyyyyyyyyy.

All I know is the lyrics to that song is so much ****tier than his other stuff.
Quote by mmkat
why the hell would anyone ask this kind of question on ultimate-guitar? does lil wayne play guitar? i must have missed something..

Yes actually.
T-pain > Lil' Wayne.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
T-pain > Lil' Wayne.
They're rappers. They don't write their music, they barely write their lyrics, they DON'T deserve any credit. You can't say one rapper is better than the other rapper because neither rapper expressed any creative talent.

Goddamn, I came into this thread expecting to see a black dude sing that old pop standard lollipop from the 30's. You know, the song all those cute little girls on youtube like singing?
Quote by demonofthenight
They're rappers. They don't write their music, they barely write their lyrics, they DON'T deserve any credit. You can't say one rapper is better than the other rapper because neither rapper expressed any creative talent.

Shut your opinion, man.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by mmkat

Quite obviously you have. This is the Pit, where all the non-guitar related threads (should) go. Please think before you speak/type.
I believe "Lollipop" is an old folk song from the American South. There's no way to know who originally wrote it.
Quote by demonofthenight

Goddamn, I came into this thread expecting to see a black dude sing that old pop standard lollipop from the 30's. You know, the song all those cute little girls on youtube like singing?

Me>you.
Quote by demonofthenight

You're wrong. Why are you so prejudiced against rap music?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
The Pain and Little Vain wrote it.
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm not, I just don't believe pop-stars and rappers deserve anymore credit than composers and writers.
Quote by Demon
I'm not, I just don't believe pop-stars and rappers deserve anymore credit than composers and writers.

Retards
Attending
Poetry

Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by demonofthenight

You could say that about almost every genre.

That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
aww yeah

EDIT:
^^^^

attending?
There was a video here a few months ago where Lil Wayne or some other rapper did a "guitar solo" at the end of one of his song. Please someone post it!
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
i wanna know why this lil wayne douchebag is always trying to play guitar in his video's
Quote by demonofthenight

Whether it is politically correct to do or not, demonofthenight has a very valid point. Many rappers have little if any musical skills, and their lyric writing skills, at least mainstream rappers including the completely self absorbed and nothing to say Eminem, are weak at best. Rappers generally rely on "samples" of other peoples work and producers who package it. You are not allowed to say how bad rap is because it is politically seen as psuedo racism but that does not change the fact that most mainstream rap is garbage.
Quote by demonofthenight

Oh boy...
Quote by rabidguitarist

Because it's not music, it's just concentrated failsd, my girlfriend started listening to Lil' Wayne, I have since stopped loving her

EDIT: when did the pit start loving rap so much?
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Last edited by Putrefaction at Nov 20, 2008,
I was watcing the country music awards a couple of nights ago and when Kid Rock did his song "Summertime" lil Wayne appeared with a guitar. He made some ridiculous have a@@ effort to play, without a pic, them stopped and began headbanging as he stood beside Kid Rock's lead guitarist as he played. What a complete tool lil Wayne.
Quote by Putrefaction
Because it's not music, it's just concentrated failsd, my girlfriend started listening to Lil' Wayne, I have since stopped loving her

EDIT: when did the pit start loving rap so much?

Have you not heard of Run DMC? It's raprock! or rockrap? rapporock?

Crap.....I'm gonna have to come up with something...
Page 1 of 2