Okay, providing I can sell my old guitar and my old bass, I'll have about £500 in total to spend on a heavy metal guitar. I was thinking an Ibanez ICT700 (the new Iceman). Anybody got any other ideas, or any opinions on the Ibanez?
Esp has better options / tremolos.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
How many frets? What pu's do you prefer? Body shape?

http://www.thomann.de/nl/epiphone_les_paul_custom_black.htm (also in white)

If you want a Les Paul, Epiphone has loads of em in that price range.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Nov 20, 2008,
B.C's rich Mockingbird special edition! if you can find a cheap one you might get it for 500, otherwise it'll probably be 600 - 700 :]
24 frets. No specific preference with pickups. I like weird body shapes like explorers, V's, Icemen, etc. Oh and, I like white.
http://www.thomann.de/nl/bc_rich_ironbird_ltd.htm
I dont know if its a good quality guitar but its white, has 24 frets, is in your budget and has a weird body.

Have a look at the Jackson RR3 and KE3
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
with some luck, you could get a Dean something or an Alexi 600 in that price range. If you like wierd bodies, hunt for Dean, B.C. Rich, Washburn and Kramer. I seriously think you should try to hunt a cheap Alexi-600 man. They have white ones too. Neck-thru, and stuff. Made exclusively for metal. Active (or not on some version) pickups.

Or look on Carlino's guitar. He created a guitar similar to the Iceman/Sam Totman signature.
Quote by Hateandhatred
with some luck, you could get a Dean something or an Alexi 600 in that price range. If you like wierd bodies, hunt for Dean, B.C. Rich, Washburn and Kramer. I seriously think you should try to hunt a cheap Alexi-600 man. They have white ones too. Neck-thru, and stuff. Made exclusively for metal. Active (or not on some version) pickups.

Alexi 600 is like 1000 euros/835 pounds, and then it needs to be used.
Then there are much better options like the ESP Edwards Alexi guitars,
ESP Edwards Alexi Laiho Black w/ white pinstripes and glow in the dark inlays
or
White version of the above with Scythe inlays

(Both used of course)
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
Alexi 600 is like 1000 euros/835 pounds, and then it needs to be used.
Then there are much better options like the ESP Edwards Alexi guitars,
ESP Edwards Alexi Laiho Black w/ white pinstripes and glow in the dark inlays
or
White version of the above with Scythe inlays

(Both used of course)

Oh sure, it has to be used. You won't get a brand new Alexi 600 for like 600$, and of course not with ESP, get LTD or Edwards.

Just, in my opinion, don't go for the Alexi 200! xD

But I guess considering price and quality, it's among the best metal guitars you can dream of, with the specs you mentionned.
I dont like any of the Alexi LTD versions cuz the lower wing is just to big. Edwards really has the RR shape and the ESP Alexi versions to but theyre to expensive
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
I dont like any of the Alexi LTD versions cuz the lower wing is just to big. Edwards really has the RR shape and the ESP Alexi versions to but theyre to expensive

Oh, I thought it was cooler with a ****ing huge wing.

I got the LTD Alexi 600 SE and well the very large wing is really cool looking, but that's my opinion. When walking through a doorframe, it's anoying though.
Quote by Hateandhatred
Oh, I thought it was cooler with a ****ing huge wing.

I got the LTD Alexi 600 SE and well the very large wing is really cool looking, but that's my opinion. When walking through a doorframe, it's anoying though.

Yup, thats all about taste! Also, I prefer pinstripes instead of the big bevel kinda things on the LTD's :P:
But if i want a huge wing i would buy a normal V, then u got 2 huge wings xD
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
Yup, thats all about taste! Also, I prefer pinstripes instead of the big bevel kinda things on the LTD's :P:
But if i want a huge wing i would buy a normal V, then u got 2 huge wings xD

Lol, as for me I wanted it to be asymetric, like the RR24.

I understand what you say for the pinstripes... But pink and black it kicked arses on full colored pinstripes lol
Quote by DieYouBastard
Okay, providing I can sell my old guitar and my old bass, I'll have about £500 in total to spend on a heavy metal guitar. I was thinking an Ibanez ICT700 (the new Iceman). Anybody got any other ideas, or any opinions on the Ibanez?

Fernandes!! www.fernandesguitars.com

I love mine!!
I would look at Jackson and ESP LTD. I am sure you can find something. I would go more for overall sound and feel than just looks. After all, what really matters? Sounding good, or having a cool looking guitar?
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I would look at Jackson and ESP LTD. I am sure you can find something. I would go more for overall sound and feel than just looks. After all, what really matters? Sounding good, or having a cool looking guitar?

It depends of the style.

Screw the sound when you're into Grindcore I guess.
ibanez rga121 if you can stretch the budget very slightly, and if you're willing to swap pickups later when you have more cash.

if not i'd probably just get a washburn x50pro (or maybe the EMG version) and save a little money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?