Am looking into getting a 2x12 cabinet (as 4x12 just too big for bedroom and luging up and down the stairs) what good ones are out there?
I looked at the Marshall 1936, Orange PPC212 and the one on the Laney website.....any reviews of these would be great or any others!
I live in the UK so Avatars are sadly out of the question!
The term "Best" is rather subjective. Some people prefer open-back, some people prefer closed-back, some people prefer front-loaded, some people prefer back-loaded. Some people like the punch of a deep, tube-ported cab, some people like the fullness of a shallower slot-ported cab.

Figure out what will suit your needs best, then make educated choices based on what is available.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I have the orange ppc2x12 and it changed the sound of my Laney GH100L (with a Laney 4x12) from dire to amazing

Highly recommended cost me £387
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
I have the orange ppc2x12 and it changed the sound of my Laney GH100L (with a Laney 4x12) from dire to amazing

Highly recommended cost me £387

Ah ok, your not the first I have heard to say that the Laney Cabs do not match the sound quality of the amps! What was wrong with it?