Poll: Which brand of laptop is the best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which brand of laptop is the best?
Dell
19 24%
Hewlett-Packard
12 15%
IBM/Lenovo
2 3%
Toshiba
11 14%
Sony
8 10%
Compaq
2 3%
R.A.M. Computers
1 1%
Acer
6 8%
Other(specify please)
19 24%
Voters: 80.
Page 1 of 2
.... off of eBay. Which brand is the most high quality, least likely to break, normally pretty fast(I know this has mainly to do with the processor, but the PC has to be able to handle it)?

Dell
Hewlett Packard
IBM, Lenovo
Toshiba
Sony
Compaq
R.A.M. Computers
Acer
Other

So, almighty pit, WHAT ARE YOUR ANSWERS?!?!?

ANG-EDIT: okay, the reason i am buying from eBay is because i don't have very much money. I have about $100.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Nov 20, 2008,
Toshiba
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Anything but Dell. Seriously
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
You forgot macs
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Anything but Dell. Seriously
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Ibuypower.com
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
NeoGuitarist is t3h 1337z0rz!
I wouldn't buy a used Laptop period. You really can't verify the state of it on EBay. Things like condition of the battery, harddrive, I/O ports etc could be less than ideal. Generally, when someone gets rid of a Laptop it's either obsolete (too slow) or has other issues.
Moving on.....
Why are dells so bad?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I've never had good experiences with dell, they usually end up ****ting the bed pretty quickly for me and their tech support is ****ing useless.

HP seems to make good computers as long as you format it when you get it to get rid of the bloatware they install.
To ibanezshred503

I'm not planning on recording anything on it, trust me
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
So it's between Sony and Apple, right?
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
So it's between Sony and Apple, right?

Sony are yucky. Apple only if you don't plan on playing games much.

Ibuypower.com
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
Im a computer tech, and having used a lot of ****ty laptops, Dell is the best.
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
I work at a Staples business depot and Toshiba laptops have the smallest return rate and warranty repair rate out of HP, Acer, Dell, Sony.

In the end though, it doesn't matter which laptop you choose as long as you buy an extended warranty ! kidding, we're not on commission.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Ecliptica24
Im a computer tech, and having used a lot of ****ty laptops, Dell is the best.

Yeah, if you like overpriced POS that are full of adware out of the box, sure.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
first off, i would suggest not buying off of ebay. wait for christmas sales.

iv owned mostly dells in my life and iv never had a single hardware issue. i hear acers and sonys are good too. acers are probably the best for the money, but dell customer support is really good contrary to what u may hear. i received a desktop with a loose fan and i called asking what would be safe to put in there to wedge it and the guy sent out a tech the next day to put in a new one.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
$100??????????

I suggest you save up because there's no high quality laptop at that price. If you think you'll be saving money by being cheap, you're wrong.

Either save up or buy something else.

By the way, MacBook Pro is the best laptop on the market. Save up for one and it's well worth it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
$100??????????

I suggest you save up because there's no high quality laptop at that price. If you think you'll be saving money by being cheap, you're wrong.

Either save up or buy something else.

By the way, MacBook Pro is the best laptop on the market. Save up for one and it's well worth it.

lol

Quote by NeoGuitarist
Quote by NeoGuitarist
lol

It's true. If you don't think so, it's because you are a computer newb.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad T61. It's excellent.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by NeoGuitarist
lol

seriously...

macs USED TO BE good at graphic design, etc., but now u can get 90% of everything a mac can do on a pc for half the price. and if u hate windows, use linux, its FREE, and u can still use windows programs through wine.

macs still have great hardware, but they are no longer worth their price tag....unless u wana be trendy, then buy, and kill urself...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx

macs still have great hardware

And that is about 90% of what people should be considering when they buy a laptop. The physical design, which is why MBP is superior.

Quote by madbasslover
I was supposed to get a laptop as a graduation present, but my mom forgot about it and ended up buying my brother an Alienware laptop because he asked for one.

My deepest condolences.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Compaq/HP are the only things I use now.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
And that is about 90% of what people should be considering when they buy a laptop. The physical design, which is why MBP is superior.

and highly overpriced....
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
and highly overpriced....

You really have no sense of oversight.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
mac
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's true. If you don't think so, it's because you are a computer newb.

Sorry not a computer newb, which is why I don't like macs. Macs are boring to use, overpriced, proprietary, and overpriced.

"I just bought my mac, but I found out my favorite game requires a better graphics card! Well, I'll just upgrad...oh wait..."

Quote by NeoGuitarist
Quote by Xiaoxi
You really have no sense of oversight.

if u have the money for one, great, but the TS is obviously looking for something cheap, not a MBP. im not knocking one for what they are, but they need to get over themselves and drop the prices a tad.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
I have the Toshiba Satellite, and I got it personally loaded, so I paid just as much as the one at The Source and Best Buy, only I got way better memory. And a better video card.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by NeoGuitarist
Sorry not a computer newb, which is why I don't like macs. Macs are boring to use, overpriced, proprietary, and overpriced.

"I just bought my mac, but I found out my favorite game requires a better graphics card! Well, I'll just upgrad...oh wait..."

Well you clearly are inexperienced with computers, which is exactly why you see Macs as its own and not as another computer.

First of all, I was talking about MacBook Pros which are laptops. You can't upgrade the GPU on any laptop. They're all proprietary.

Second of all, MBP come with a 9400 onboard and 9600 dedicated.

Quote by xxunder-takerxx
if u have the money for one, great, but the TS is obviously looking for something cheap, not a MBP. im not knocking one for what they are, but they need to get over themselves and drop the prices a tad.

He can't get anything for $100. It is not saving money. It is throwing 100 bucks down the drain on a computer that will barely be able to boot up. I'm telling him to be provident and think economically. A MBP is the best investment he would make on a laptop.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
get a macbook. forget the toshibas and sony's and everything else. macbook blows them out of the water. although i dropped a dell latitude from waist-height twice and it never broke.
Page 1 of 2