I need to listen to some bands that use real time performance recording, so what are some?
Allman Brother's Band.

The first Deftones cd is recorded in one room with everyone playing at once. Pretty decent cd.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
NeoGuitarist is t3h 1337z0rz!
At the Gates. They record live in one room.

EDIT: Sorry its the Haunted. There last CD Versus was recorded live.
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Nirvana unplugged in new york, red hot chili peppers live in hyde park/slane castle
Iron Maiden record live in one room, not sure if they do one take.

Punk bands? Listening to some black flag songs i doubt they did more than one take.
am I right in thinking that AC/DC do most of their stuff live in one take?
think iron maiden may do as well, I know they use a lot of overdubs, but most of it is them all together in one room.
Quote by æTonyæ
Nirvana's smells like teen spirit was almost in one take, the intro guitar part required an overdub, which apparently pissed Kurt off xD. Im not sure about the rest though.

No Nirvana did record in one take but then with every song they redid it,They Each recorded Solo so yoú don't have to start with the drummer having to drum out of nowhere.

Unplugged is One take though.
And alot of the songs on Incesticide, And i believe all the Even In His Youth songs where done in one take (With vocal overdub).
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Some bizarre capitalisation there G-loony...

Oh and tc, two words: Early Beatles.
REM still do it I think.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Gallows did Orchestra Of Wolves in one take, they made a few mistakes but just left them on there anyway.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Television's "Marquee Moon" (the song) was recorded in one take.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Most Minutemen songs, especially earlier ones.
I believe Husker Du recorded all of Zen Arcade this way, too.
Miles Davis did it all in one take during the "Bitches Brew" sessions
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
Miles Davis did it all in one take during the "Bitches Brew" sessions

No, there was actually a lot of editing. During the fusion era, Miles would assemble his musicians on short notice, give them only a hint of the song (like tempo, a few chords, or maybe a little bit of a melody), and record them jamming on it. He would do multiple takes of songs and would also record them just jamming out. He (along with Ted Macero) would then take the best bits of all the recorded stuff and edit it all into (slighly) shorter, cohesive pieces of music. He used this method on every album from In A Silent Way to On The Corner.

Although Kind of Blue was all done in one take, with exception of Flamenco Sketches, which was recorded in two.
Ah, I see. I knew that he got the musicians on short notice and gave them guidelines, so I guess I ust assumed that it was all just in one take.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.