Well.. I went to open evening at some college. I want to take Level 3 Public Uniformed Services (2 year course) and once I finish the course, i'll be old enough to join the police. Well I spose to the Level 3 woman, and she told me that the police tend to choose people aged around 23ish+, as the police recruit people on life experience, or something like that. So I thought I don't want to do sod all work wise for 5 years... So I was thinking of doing the Army Bursary scheme... Get paid £1000 at the start of a Level 2 course (a 1 year course)... and another £1000 at the end... Plus EMA bonuses... And then go and train to be in the military police for 5 years, then maybe see if I could get into the police at 22.

tl;dr Too young to be chosen for the police at 18, thinking of joing the military police till im 22.

What would you guys recommend instead of doing 5 years in the military police?

Thoughts guys?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Last edited by DimebagJosho at Nov 20, 2008,
Well, if you want to spend 5 years breaking up fights between drunken Paras, be my guest.
It's nice to see someone with their future sorted out, sounds like a good plan, good luck with it.
Quote by MightyAl
Well, if you want to spend 5 years breaking up fights between drunken Paras, be my guest.

Not only will you be doing this, but you'll be busting skulls in peaceful protests, not my idea of fun. However, if you want to do it then go for it, just always have a back up plan.
I'm in the U.S. so the system is different, but I had a buddy who became an MP right out of high school (at 18) and loved it. He went to Iraq as a personal bodyguard for a very high up commander. Bad news was he probably would've had to take a bullet for him or something, but the good news is the U.S. wanted to keep his mark so safe they were never close to danger in the first place. He loved it, he's back home, and he's almost done with his 4 years.
Cheers for the opinions guys.. Actually helped quite a bit
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by DimebagJosho
Cheers for the opinions guys.. Actually helped quite a bit

5 years in the military or in the police? After 5 years in the military being in the military police would be a lot easier, and time in the police would give you the life experience they want.
Why not apply to be a proper policeman?

My mate got in and he was only 18 - He went and did something else in the end but still...

I'm applying to be a plastic copper (PCSO), to kill a bit of time until I can reapply for the Air Traffic Control training - I'd have applied to be a proper copper, but they aren't recruiting and it seems a bit of a waste of time doing all the training and then going to do something else after a few months...
Quote by blynd_snyper
5 years in the military or in the police? After 5 years in the military being in the military police would be a lot easier, and time in the police would give you the life experience they want.

It would make no difference.

And what other job could TS go for in the military? It's best if he just goes straight into the military police.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I don't know how it's over there, but in Israel the military police is in charge of taking care of soldiers that misbehave, protests, and many other stuff. Not only you're in the military, but also everyone in the military hates you. Not trying to take you down, but maybe you would want to go to some other branch if it's the same over there.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||