Probably looks like a stupid question, and to be honest, it is. But on the 8th of december I have to go for a 30 minute marathon of MMR, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Typhoid innoculations (possibly tetanus, malaria and Japanese Encephalitis, but they're getting back to me on that), and I'm pretty scared about it.

For any other situation where I'm scared and have to get something done (Live performance, exams and er... removing spiders from my room), I can just have a couple of shots and it's all kosher, but obviously, vaccination means putting stuff into your blood.

Don't bother telling me I'm stupid for doing this, I already know that, just tell me if it's going to kill me or make the vaccination redundant.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's never a good idea to drink and do any sort of needle thing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
It's never a good idea to drink and do any sort of needle thing.

I'm not self medicating- nor am I going to offer the nurse a drank.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I got real confused, pissed means angry in the U.S.

However don't get vaccinations when you've been drinking, it'll inhibit your body's ability to accept the vaccine.
Quote by MightyAl
IIRC, you can't be vaccinated against malaria.

I think I get pills for that. I'm not sure about those three- she told me we'll discuss them later.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Hmmm... they say not to take drugs with alcohol, but that's because of potential chemical interactions. I personally wouldn't have anything stuck into me when drunk, and I suggest you follow that. If only because your immune system is going to start playing up when you get vaccinated, and getting pissed when your immune system is active isn't too fun a feeling, from experience.

EDIT: And malaria tablets are dead fun. Evidently this is sarcasm. A friend of mine we were going to travel with had a bad reaction to them and was hospitalised. Many malarial drugs have pretty un-nice side effects.
Wouldn't risk it, the choices are suck it up or possibly become seriously ill.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm not self medicating- nor am I going to offer the nurse a drank.

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
For any other situation where I'm scared and have to get something done (Live performance, exams and er... removing spiders from my room), I can just have a couple of shots and it's all kosher, but obviously, vaccination means putting stuff into your blood.

How the hell did you manage to do shots in school?!
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Its not a good idea in any case, but id possibly expect a fair amount of blood squirtage because alcohol thins your blood quite a lot
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think I get pills for that. I'm not sure about those three- she told me we'll discuss them later.

Malaria prohylaxis is a bit of a bugger. For one, you have to pay for the meds, and you have to start them before you leave(to see if you suffer from side effects, and leave time to change them), and for a period after you return.
I'd advise looking into it yourself, if just to reinforce what you're told about the need for it.
Malaria != good
Quote by MightyAl
Malaria prohylaxis is a bit of a bugger. For one, you have to pay for the meds, and you have to start them before you leave(to see if you suffer from side effects, and leave time to change them), and for a period after you return.
I'd advise looking into it yourself, if just to reinforce what you're told about the need for it.
Malaria != good

Not only that, but for some of them there are several different types of tablets you need to take on different days and then it all goes to ****.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Not only that, but for some of them there are several different types of tablets you need to take on different days and then it all goes to ****.

Yea. Oh, for the good old days when all you had to do was drink G&T.
Curse quinine resistance!
Quote by MightyAl
Yea. Oh, for the good old days when all you had to do was drink G&T.
Curse quinine resistance!

When I was a tyke, my old man sat me down and related to me stories about the old days, when you only had to look at a bacteria or a virus funny and they'd scamper off crying.
I got real confused, pissed means angry in the U.S.

QUOTE]

Pissed means drunk no matter where you are. Also it means angry
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Just take the shots; they're not that bad, worrying about them causes more fear than the shots themselves elicit.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When I was a tyke, my old man sat me down and related to me stories about the old days, when you only had to look at a bacteria or a virus funny and they'd scamper off crying.

Indeed. Nurses used to spend 6 weeks on 'bacteria glaring' to keep the wards clean.
Quote by rabidguitarist

I threw up every single day I was in Thailand thanks to malarone.

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't drink before you get shots... and they'll probably tell you not to drink for like 24 hours after getting them too.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
UG isn't a doctor, get some real advice.

(no offense delerium )
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish