So fellow pit goers, soon enough (about a month) will be Christmas time (yay!) and it's common to give gifts in my family on christmas day/morning. In previous years, I wasn't too used to giving a gift to my parents as I didn't really have an income/money, usually they were the ones to give me stuff , but nowadays I do have a job and a bunch of money lying around and my mom has asked me to think what to get for my dad.

Now, a bit of background. On my dad's birthday this year (a few months ago), I got him a very nice pair of headphones by Sennheiser, something that he was long overdue. Therefore I'm not quite sure what to get him for christmas. I would like to get something that will be meaningful to him. I know that he likes music such as classic rock (Zeppelin, Floyd, Queen, etc.) and he also enjoys playing his keyboard/synthesizer(s) very much. I also recently found out that he's always wanted a saxophone but never gotten around to getting one. I was also thinking about speakers for his keyboard rig, but to buy him something that would be considerably better than his current speakers would probably cost me like $1000+. I've also found out saxophones are not exactly cheap. You can get some cheaper ones like $600, but I'd rather not buy an instrument that he will just want to get a better one in a few months time (like is the case with most starter guitar packs), and a good saxophone is like $1200-$2000. I do have that sort of money, but I'd rather not risk whether or not he'll really get into the instrument, so I'm sort of stuck.

Now some of you will probably say "why not just ask him what he wants?". Well that would sort of ruin the surprise now wouldn't it. I need to find out what he wants in a more subtle manner.

Oh also he's a techy sorta guy, so there's probably some tool or accessory for the PC that I could get him that would be meaningful, I just can't think of one right now.

Please fellow pit goers, give some advice on possible gift ideas or what action to take for me to find the right gift. Thank you in advance.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Give him a guided tour of the Gowanda glue factory.

Can you deny the awesomeness? Didn't think so!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well not sure about your dad but my dads knows alot about computers and hes also a gamer so I just got him a game that he wanted for his 360.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
the biggest container of anal lube tou can find.
he'll thank you later. your mom will too.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
A better son.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
This is what your dad really wants for christmas.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

This.

Everyone wants a garage door for christmas.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Jackal58

Mary Poppins '09 Edition?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Chrisiphone
This.

Quote by Jackal58

An umbrella model?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know Dream Theater don't sell a huge amount in terms of CD units, but did John Myung REALLY have to resort to posing against garage doors?

Silly man, its Jackie Chan!
Quote by Chrisiphone
This.

I'm a dad. I would be thrilled to get a new garage door for christmas.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Even sillier man. They're THE SAME PERSON!

Touché. Actually, retaliation:

Checkmate I believe my good fellow :p
Quote by break me in
A better son.

Ouch, low blow.

Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well not sure about your dad but my dads knows alot about computers and hes also a gamer so I just got him a game that he wanted for his 360.

My dad hasn't really touched video games in years, but following your advice, I looked to see if there is a new Tomb Raider game out, and sure enough there is. I think I'll just him that for his computer and hopefully this should be a meaningful present to him. I know he has a decent PC to play it on cause he's using my old video card in it.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by metaldud536
No you silly goose. The red dumpster. Or 1/4 of it.

I'd be thrilled if my son gave me a quarter of a red dumpster. But I'd probably like the umbrella model more.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I retract my statement, and put forward the following:

They were EATEN by the SAME PERSON?!?

Do you want me to 'go there'? Do you really want that? Are you sure? Really? Can your conscience hold that? Can it hold the guilt of having me 'gone there"?
Quote by minibrowny
Do you want me to 'go there'? Do you really want that? Are you sure? Really? Can your conscience hold that? Can it hold the guilt of having me 'gone there"?

If you go there I'll go there harder. I'll go there you so hard you'll go much further than just "go there", that you'll have gone there, and never come back and when your friends ask "hey, Jim, did you go there?" you can only answer "nope."

So there.
Quote by MustangSVT
Ouch, low blow.

Don't worry, I didn't mean it. Although you ARE asking an internet forum full of strangers for advice on what to buy for him.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai
I'd be thrilled if my son gave me a quarter of a red dumpster. But I'd probably like the umbrella model more.

Yea I bet my dad would like the umbrella model, but I think my mother would have a thing or two to say about that.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you go there I'll go there harder. I'll go there you so hard you'll go much further than just "go there", that you'll have gone there, and never come back and when your friends ask "hey, Jim, did you go there?" you can only answer "nope."

So there.

Thats it, I'm "going there". Don't come crying to me when you cant handle it. I hope you're proud.

Thats right, Judge Judy in a seductive pose, now what?
I'd tap that with a mallet..

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by MustangSVT
Ouch, low blow.

My dad hasn't really touched video games in years, but following your advice, I looked to see if there is a new Tomb Raider game out, and sure enough there is. I think I'll just him that for his computer and hopefully this should be a meaningful present to him. I know he has a decent PC to play it on cause he's using my old video card in it.

Yeah sounds like a good idea to me, ha im the only one who gave a serious answer to the question lol. I got my dad COD 4 I think last year and he loved it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah sounds like a good idea to me, ha im the only one who gave a serious answer to the question lol. I got my dad COD 4 I think last year and he loved it.

Thanks for giving me the idea Lethal Dosage. I bought my dad these from eb games:

Tomb Raider Underworld (the new one that just came out)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (the remake of tomb raider 1 from about a year ago)
Tomb Raider Legend (the one for 360 from 2 years ago)

I really hope he likes them.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110