I just dished out on an ISP Decimator, and it doesn't do its job at all!
it still lets feedback and buzzing through, and when you adjust it, it takes all the gain away.
It made my lead channel on my 6505 sound clean, and very muddy.
This is through the effects loop and the front.
Why are these things decimators so popular?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Nov 21, 2008,
i put it in the last part of my Effects loop, then i tried it in the guitar imput, as normal and it sounded just as bad.
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
All I can say is you're either powering it wrong or you have a dud.

Speaketh le truth
WTLTL 2011
It had a brand new battery in it, so i've sent it back.
Could it have anything to do with the BBE pedal?
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
try putting it in front. a lot of feedback comes from the pickups.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
It had a brand new battery in it, so i've sent it back.
Could it have anything to do with the BBE pedal?

Not that the battery is the problem, but you'd be better off using a power supply instead of a battery as the battery will die down pretty quick if you use it most of the time.

(Sorry to state the obvious )
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
try putting it in front. a lot of feedback comes from the pickups.

If you read it, i tried it in the front afterwards, it cut the feedback out altogether, but after 10 seconds it made the volume of the guitar drop drastically.
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Just had a call from the company, they said there was only a slight difference between that pedal and the other ISP's.

Any idea's of what the hell went wrong?

and can someone reccomend me a really good noisegate pedal that doesn't suck the tone, specially like that one did?
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
ISP Decimators are well known great pedals. Something is either wrong with it or how your using it. Also they do take some time to get just right, after that there best pedal I have ever used/tested. What do you have it set at?
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Nov 26, 2008,
I tried it in the effects loop, in last place, started the control from half way and moved both ways, and still no luck.

Then i tried it as a normal pedal, it cut all the noise, but then it took the overall tone from the amp away, it made my 6505 sound clean and muddy
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
I tried it in the effects loop, in last place, started the control from half way and moved both ways, and still no luck.

Then i tried it as a normal pedal, it cut all the noise, but then it took the overall tone from the amp away, it made my 6505 sound clean and muddy

It works best infront of the amp and the reason it sounded muddy and clean is because you have it turned up to high. The pedal has enough power to completely mute the rig. What you need to do is set it to 0 strike a open chord and let the feedback kick in. Then turn the knob until it just barely kills it. Strike the chord again and make minor tweaks from there and your set. If you crank it to far it will kill sustain and anything you throw at it. Its a noise supressor, its basically doing its job. Its doing it to well, yes... But your the one that told it to do so, by turning the knob to far..

Hope that helps, it should fix your issue..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
It works best infront of the amp and the reason it sounded muddy and clean is because you have it turned up to high. The pedal has enough power to completely mute the rig. What you need to do is set it to 0 strike a open chord and let the feedback kick in. Then turn the knob until it just barely kills it. Strike the chord again and make minor tweaks from there and your set. If you crank it to far it will kill sustain and anything you throw at it. Its a noise supressor, its basically doing its job. Its doing it to well, yes... But your the one that told it to do so, by turning the knob to far..

Hope that helps, it should fix your issue..

thats what i did though, i've sent it back now anyway

i doubt my dad would even let me get one of those again seeing how pissed off i was at it haha, thanks for your help
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
thats what i did though, i've sent it back now anyway

i doubt my dad would even let me get one of those again seeing how pissed off i was at it haha, thanks for your help

Could have been a bad one.. Happens from time to time...

Next in line would be a MXR smartgate...

and no problem
Are they any good?

any personal opinions on them?

im looking for one to stop feedback mostly, as my schecter whistles like a biatch when im less then say 10ft from the amp
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
It won't do what you are trying to do in the effects loop. In the effects loop it is made to eliminate amp hum and some noise. It's not for what you are trying to do. It has to go in front of your amp. Turn the threshold up until you get no feedback... and bam quiet.
You didn't do something right man. That's the best noise gate you can buy. You had it hooked up wrong trust me. I did that at first with my ns-2 too. I was like **** it doesnt do anything but now it's perfect no noise.