Hey guys...

Looking at buying the ESP SV standard and yea its got 2 EMG 81s...

how does this work lol i dont really understand why you would have 2 of the same pickup....

Any advantage??

Cheers
UG Community
Its not the same pickup.

Bridge and Neck Versions.

Like the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II is mainly sold together, one for the neck, one for the bridge.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Nick Hipa from As I Lay Dying uses that pup configuration.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Uhh as far as I know there is only 1 pickup for both from EMG. They do not have a neck and bridge version. Thats why you can swap out an 85 in the neck position for example and put it into the bridge no problem....but anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Uhh as far as I know there is only 1 pickup for both from EMG. They do not have a neck and bridge version. Thats why you can swap out an 85 in the neck position for example and put it into the bridge no problem....but anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

You aren't.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Its not the same pickup.

Bridge and Neck Versions.

Like the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II is mainly sold together, one for the neck, one for the bridge.

This.

An advantage is that the outputs should be properly calibrated so the mixed position will sound better.
A disadvantage is that the single positions will probably sound a bit samey.
Quote by HandsomeFrank
You aren't.

Yea didn't think I was
They will sound different, doesn't matter if its the exact same pickup. String vibrations are different at the neck then they are at the bridge pickup positions. You're looking at buying it and already wanna swap. Try the guitar out before buying, play it in the store then decide if its for you. Don't make decisions now, its pointless