Reposted from the general guitar forum:
Got my new guitar last night and "hot rodded" already.

I swapped a Gibson 496T Alnico in the bridge and ran a push/pull coil tap to the volume knob. I also ran the neck to the coil tap. This thing will pull out SOOO many different tones. Also threw on some black vintage Gibson SG knobs. I think it's officially my new favorite guitar. I'll try and post up some video clips later today. Feel free to share some love/hate/pointless comments

Edit: Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_GPtT5j1fE
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Nov 20, 2008,
If you want, change the neck for a Warmoth one. It's a Squier, so it should fit, and wouldn't a Jackson headstock on a Jagmaster just ROCK? More to the point, the 24" scale length isn't very good. But it's all preference, especially with necks.
Liking the mods. Considered swapping out the neck pickup too?
Quote by Rock Pig
If you want, change the neck for a Warmoth one. It's a Squier, so it should fit, and wouldn't a Jackson headstock on a Jagmaster just ROCK? More to the point, the 24" scale length isn't very good. But it's all preference, especially with necks.
Liking the mods. Considered swapping out the neck pickup too?

I've considered swapping the neck pickup out, but for now I'm pretty impressed with the quality of what it came with compared to the original bridge pickup. It actually sounds really nice when it's tapped. And as far as neck swaps, I'm really happy with the current neck. But I've owned it less then 24 hours so I'm sure that could change :P

Quote by lefthandman9876
i love my jagmaster

i have a 2nd gen sparklye silver one

That's awesome! I've never had a chance to play one of the second gens.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
thats cool wanna tell me how to do the coil tap on mine
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
thats cool wanna tell me how to do the coil tap on mine

Well I found out AFTER purchasing the Gibson pickup that the stock pickups are actually 4 conductor meaning you can do this mod with just the stock pickups and a push/pull pot. If you get on Seymour Duncan's website they have directions/diagrams for hooking up a coil split I believe.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Well I found out AFTER purchasing the Gibson pickup that the stock pickups are actually 4 conductor meaning you can do this mod with just the stock pickups and a push/pull pot. If you get on Seymour Duncan's website they have directions/diagrams for hooking up a coil split I believe.

cool and about how much was it
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Thats nice man.
But do gibbys sound good in a squier?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
That is very funky, and it just enhances my want of an offset.

Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
cool and about how much was it

The Jagmaster was a little over $200 I believe. Then I bought the pickup off a friend for cheap (around $50). The push pull was a few bucks. Not too expensive for leaving me with a working man's Jaguar, haha.

Quote by Little_Buster
Thats nice man.
But do gibbys sound good in a squier?

Thank you And I personally dig the tone of the Gibson pickup in there. It'll really churn out the high gain/shoegazer stuff but tapped, it's got a nice single coil "spank" to it. The neck pickup is a lot more mellow and adds a nice bit of versatility. I'm sure there are plenty of other options for pickups but I happened to come across a good deal on the Gibson so I snatched it up.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
The Jagmaster was a little over $200 I believe. Then I bought the pickup off a friend for cheap (around $50). The push pull was a few bucks. Not too expensive for leaving me with a working man's Jaguar, haha.

Thank you And I personally dig the tone of the Gibson pickup in there. It'll really churn out the high gain/shoegazer stuff but tapped, it's got a nice single coil "spank" to it. The neck pickup is a lot more mellow and adds a nice bit of versatility. I'm sure there are plenty of other options for pickups but I happened to come across a good deal on the Gibson so I snatched it up.

well i got a jagmaster already its got a better pup in the bridge so where could i buy the push-pull for real cheap
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
well i got a jagmaster already its got a better pup in the bridge so where could i buy the push-pull for real cheap

I picked mine up at the closest Guitar Center. Not my favorite place to visit, but they had some in stock and seemed fairly priced. If you don't have one nearby, they sell them on their site.

Just curious, what pickup do you have in the bridge? You'll want to make sure it's four conductor if you want to perform the mod.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
I picked mine up at the closest Guitar Center. Not my favorite place to visit, but they had some in stock and seemed fairly priced. If you don't have one nearby, they sell them on their site.

Just curious, what pickup do you have in the bridge? You'll want to make sure it's four conductor if you want to perform the mod.

idk i know the stock bridge pup wasnt working so i took the guitar in and he swapped it for a better one it looks like the neck pup but doesnt say duncan design on it
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
idk i know the stock bridge pup wasnt working so i took the guitar in and he swapped it for a better one it looks like the neck pup but doesnt say duncan design on it

Hmmm, wonder what it is? I suppose you'll be able to tell once you pull it out of there. Should have some sort of markings on the backside of it. Well best of luck with the swap and feel free to ask if you get stumped. I'll do my best to help
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Hmmm, wonder what it is? I suppose you'll be able to tell once you pull it out of there. Should have some sort of markings on the backside of it. Well best of luck with the swap and feel free to ask if you get stumped. I'll do my best to help

yeah i called guitar center and they said the push-pull was $16 and if i need a new pup those are about 80 so i hope i dont need a new pup then i could do it ill probally get started around my birthday in june
Quote by L2112Lif