I have an old epiphone LP special, and I'm thinking of taking the 3 way switch out and putting it in my Ibanez with my ZW pickups. Thing is, the instructions say to use a stock gibson 3-way switch.

My question is: Will an epiphone 3way switch work as well as a gibson? They are a LITTLE different...
epi:

gib:
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The Epiphone one will work the same as the Gibson. The Gibson switch is better quality and should last longer but the Epiphone switch will work for now.

Yeah... won't impact tone, but the Switchcraft Gibson switches will last longer and be quieter.
i had my epi switch completely die on me, so that's something to be aware of, and i've heard that it's a common issue. i recommend the gibson switch. it's far more durable and it even feels better
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
The regular Gibson switches are pretty bad too. The Switchcraft ones are marginally better, but overall, it's a very poor switch design and is very prone to shorting if you're not good with a soldering iron.

But to answer your question, both will work fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
true that, switchcraft switches: the the win.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.