hi i m having problems while recording..................hissing or humming sound problem
my gears are:-

marshall 30 dfx amp
cort evl k4-guitar
zoom g2.1u pedal
cubase sx3

when i connect the processor pedal to my pc via usb ................and try to record on guitar..........sound records scuccessfully but with a hisssing noise i get when connecting with computer.........also i feel some electric shock when i touch the gutar strings..................is there an earthing problem or anything else????????what should i do??

and tell me some good equipments for better recording
yea sounds like you are missing a ground somewhere. Get the wiring checked in the walls (plug in one of those testers with the 3 lights) and check your guitar wiring. Chances are a ground wire failed as a solder joint.

The missing ground will cause the 60 cycle humm.
Quote by moody07747
Chances are a ground wire failed as a solder joint.

Chances are he stole the software...all his gear added up isnt worth what cubase SX3 goes for.
But yet he has that program with no "real" interface?
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Nov 21, 2008,
Don't be so pissy about it. Maybe he screwed up the versions, or maybe he's a thief. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and help the guy on an issue that doesn't have to do with Cubase anyway.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 21, 2008,
Even if he downloaded the software, theres not much we can do about it after he has done it...other than complain for a day or two...

I am not for downloading software and some people here are limited on budgets but we should make it apparent that there are lower priced software available such as Reaper that will work just as well.
Quote by moody07747
Even if he downloaded the software, theres not much we can do about it after he has done it...

Sure there is...we simply DONT HELP THEM !
Then maybe we can actually help people with legit software thats not bug riddin or virus filled crap.
They can clearly figure out how to download the software so, IMO they can figure out how to operate it!
Why dont you just zip up your sonar moody and make it available for these pirates to grab?
Who cares if YOU paid for it with your hard earned dollar...they dont want to so,.... give it to them,.... just like you give them help with their illegal software!
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Nov 22, 2008,
i have legal sx3 and cubase le................ya it comes with le but i purchased sx3 for upgrademmm,,,whts the matter with software...........??
Quote by PsychomanZ
Sure there is...we simply DONT HELP THEM !
Then maybe we can actually help people with legit software thats not bug riddin or virus filled crap.
They can clearly figure out how to download the software so, IMO they can figure out how to operate it!
Why dont you just zip up your sonar moody and make it available for these pirates to grab?
Who cares if YOU paid for it with your hard earned dollar...they dont want to so,.... give it to them,.... just like you give them help with their illegal software!

Technically I didn't really help with his audio problems. I simply put my advice out there for the grounding. When it comes to messing with electrical I feel I must get my thoughts out there because it's not something to mess around with and I feel I should give them advice to get the job done correctly so nobody gets hurt.

I will start keeping an eye out for software downloaders and next time I see something I feel isn't legit I simply wont help. It does sound like this little plan may help quite a bit.

One thing I never did fully understand about this site is that The Pit has a major thread about torrents and help with them...and yet the rules clearly state:

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- You may not share any copyrighted material or assist others in finding such illegal material on the forums or profiles, including copyrighted mp3 files, movie files and pirated software, for any reason. This includes linking people to torrents containing copyrighted material.
- You may not upload copyrighted mp3s to your UG profile.
Punishment: Decided by the moderator. This may include a warning or ban.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 22, 2008,