So .. I love Slash and i love Les Pauls and i was thinking that maybe
im gonna buy Les Paul too .
So what u think about Slash goldtop ?

Picture is here ( its from ebay ) : http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-SLASH-Les-Paul-Standard-Gold-Top-W-OHSC-N-MINT_W0QQitemZ150309466880QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item150309466880&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Thanks .
it looks great but i wouldn´t ever buy a signature model, you just pay too much for the slash-badge... get a normal les paul standard instead!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Pickups are as tonally vapid and low output as they come. If you don't have a brilliant amp collection it'll sound colourless.
But I hear it plays very nicely indeed.
Oh, and there's not a lot there to suggest it's a Slash sig.
I have a feeling a lot of the guitar's price comes from Slash's name on it. If you want a new guitar, just tell us your budget and what music you want to play (G'n'R I guess?) and we'll recommend something nice.
Do you like teh specs?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
get a KV2. will eat that thing alive, rape it, kill and then rape it again.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
It's a nice guitar, but I'd just get a normal Les Paul; the AP-II's only sound good through a kickass amp like Slash's plexi's, hence why he uses them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Rock Pig
Pickups are as tonally vapid and low output as they come. If you don't have a brilliant amp collection it'll sound colourless.
But I hear it plays very nicely indeed.
Oh, and there's not a lot there to suggest it's a Slash sig.
... That's pretty much word-for-word exactly what I was going to say. Beaten to my own schtick

Only thing I'd question is that it plays well. The neck is... odd. Very odd. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted a traditional '59 neck or a thinner modern 50's neck, and decided sod it and tried to make the neck both profiles at once. The thickness is weird, the taper angle is weird, it feels slightly asymmetrical.... all very odd.
Maybe it suits Slash's hands perfectly, and if your hands are an exact copy of Slash's then great, but I think most people would find the standard Gibson necks would be better.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I recently purchased the slash goldtop les Paul. I got it for a decent price from eBay, (which to be honest I was hesitant in doing as I obviously had not played it before buying!) and I don't regret it all, plus Gibson quality control is extremely strict for these apparently, which kinda set my mind at ease. Anyway, The thing plays like a dream! The neck profile is perfect for me and it really is a joy to play. Although I would say it's probably true about only getting a kick ass tone by using a kick ass amp, you will still get that gorgeous slash tone using a bit of gain and switching to the neck pickup for that awesome 'sweet child of mine intro' sort of sound! The sustain is also fantastic, and the overall quality is no less that what you would expect from a Gibson. Like anything of this nature though, do your reaearch on what you want from a guitar and what this guitar actually has to offer! I think the bottom line here is that if you are a fan of les pauls and love that sweet tone, and of course are in the market for a high spec guitar, slash fans should look no further.
Last edited by dweb23 at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by Ferrarone
it looks great but i wouldn´t ever buy a signature model, you just pay too much for the slash-badge... get a normal les paul standard instead!

Yeah do this.

The signatures are only the price they are because... they're signatures.

You'd be much better off with a Les Paul Standard in a Goldtop finish.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
If you have to have a Slash signature LP gold top Try the Epi Slash model I tried a couple at my local Guitar Center two days ago and they are very nice and half the price. I tried both just to see how consistant they were and I could tell the difference. When you buy signature guitars you are paying for the name you could buy a general release Gibson gold top for a lot less.
Quote by MrFlibble
... That's pretty much word-for-word exactly what I was going to say. Beaten to my own schtick

I learned from the best

The Gibsons are a ripoff, but I daresay the Epiphones are much better value for money, leaving you with a little more to put towards that Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 amp that will REALLY nail his tone.