i'm trying to get this tone one of my favorite band's bass players use on their songs.
heres an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RDGLQuBkaE
i want something like that.
heres what i got to work with:
Acoustic B200 bass amplifier
Squier Affinity Series P Bass
DR High Beam Strings (45-65-85-105)
please and thanks guys
and no flaming me for my taste in music, no need for that
Dick+strings= owww
Plug your active bass with Jazz style pickups into a SansAmp with a bit of the distortion turned on, play with a pick, and DI it into a soundboard.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'm actually having some trouble hearing the bass on that song. As a rule of thumb, metal bass is usually either really growly and aggressive or super scooped like the guitars. Because this is a more current band and I can't really hear the bass, I'm guessing it's the latter.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
I'm actually having some trouble hearing the bass on that song. As a rule of thumb, metal bass is usually either really growly and aggressive or super scooped like the guitars. Because this is a more current band and I can't really hear the bass, I'm guessing it's the latter.

listen to at about 34 seconds thats when it starts i picked this song to show because you can hear the bass before anything
Dick+strings= owww
High treble, flat mids and scooped lows, while playing closer to the bridge using a pick should be close, it is for me atleast.
Quote by rasveer
listen to at about 34 seconds thats when it starts i picked this song to show because you can hear the bass before anything

OK, I can hear it now. The video wasn't loading when I did the first post, so I was going by the 30 second sample thing on iTunes. I think the previous post got it right.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by Sylvanus
High treble, flat mids and scooped lows, while playing closer to the bridge using a pick should be close, it is for me atleast.

this. though some active singles would really help you out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Umm... I say again... the vast majority of that tone is coming from a SansAmp Bass Driver DI, with emphasis on the DI.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Umm... I say again... the vast majority of that tone is coming from a SansAmp Bass Driver DI, with emphasis on the DI.

he sadly, is without the pedals though...

if you are willing to drop some money for this sound, it is a great pedal.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Oh, misunderstood the thread - and in that case, you're not going to get a tone you'll identify as that without that pedal. Especially not just clean.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Oh, misunderstood the thread - and in that case, you're not going to get a tone you'll identify as that without that pedal. Especially not just clean.

well he could just stab his speaker with a pencil a few times, but that would not be quite what he wants.

not to mention the resale value will plummet.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

with Sylvanus's answer i got pretty close to it
ima tweak my amplifier some more until i get closer
and yeah i can't spend any on pedals sadly
i wish there was some way i could get to that sound without a pick though but i guess i'll settle with it for now
thanks for all the help guys
Dick+strings= owww
Does your amp have a gain control? If so, crank it all the way, and scale back until you get exactly it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
^ What he said. The B200 has a distortion circuit built in, meaning it can get a dirty tone similar to a tube amp. Not the same tone, exactly, but the method is similar.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by the humanity
well he could just stab his speaker with a pencil a few times, but that would not be quite what he wants.

not to mention the resale value will plummet.

lol.
i think a pen would work better....