Where does one start? A few months back my sister (21) asked me (18) for $300 to fix her and her boyfriend's (age irrelevant...he's an asshole...also irrelevant) water heater. She promised she'd pay me back in a week's time. She had asked me for small amounts of money on a few previous occasions and had been relatively good on paying me back. To this day she has only paid $50 of that debt.

Last week she borrowed $100 (me being the kind and caring brother) promising to pay me in a week again plus some money for the previous debt. Well a week has gone by and no payments. She told me that the guy who was supposed to pay her can't do it until NEXT week. I was fine with a waiting another week. She seemed relatively certain he'd pay her and she'd pay me. Waiting a week didn't bother me. It's just money sitting in my bank account.

The thing that really bothered me is that she had the temerity to ask for another $150 to fix the fucking propane so they could get some heat in their house. I told her no. I had told her last week that if she failed to pay me back promptly, I'd never lend her money again. I'm tired of being generous and getting shit on as a result. I told her to find some blankets and bundle up for a week.

So, thanks if you actually read through all that. I just wanted to vent and I want to know what you guys think. Do you agree with what I did? Do you think I'm being too harsh? What would you have done?
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
In retrospect I can agree because she should've paid you, but what's the whole story behind not being paid? There may be more than there than she's telling you so before you get angry, I would calmly talk to her and get the whole story.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by rocker_46788
In retrospect I can agree because she should've paid you, but what's the whole story behind not being paid? There may be more than there than she's telling you so before you get angry, I would calmly talk to her and get the whole story.

this.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Yeah man, that's a pisser.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by rocker_46788

+1

Just chat with her, see why she's not been paying you back. You said she's normally pretty reliable, so there might be some reason.
you probably could have handled it better, uyou do have justification for what you did
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
I can understand your frustration, but if it really is just money sitting in your bank account, i wouldn't freak out. Unless it's absolutely necessary, chill, bro. If you trusted her enough she would pay you back, she probably trusts you to be patient until she does pay you.

Maybe the guy she was supposed to get paid from really didn't give her the money. How is she supposed to pay you back? I'm sure her rent/mortgage is a bit more important than handling a few bucks to her brother.

Government > siblings.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Doesn't she have a job or something? I mean she must be pretty low on cash if she has to borrow like $100 or $150. There's probably a reason for this.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by rocker_46788

+1

Tell her you want your money and if she can't get it too bad.
Does she have a goddamn job? You said a "GUY" couldn't pay her until next week. Is she a dealer or a bookie or something?

edit: sorry, didn't see this post just read and replied
Quote by MustangSVT
Doesn't she have a job or something? I mean she must be pretty low on cash if she has to borrow like $100 or $150. There's probably a reason for this.

also +1
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Quote by rocker_46788

I know why she didn't pay me. As I said the guy who was supposed to pay her keeps saying things like "oh I can't pay because of this blah blah blah." Which in turn I get that **** from her. It's the same fucking story, you know? I've given her two chances now with these big payments and she's screwed me over.

As for the rent or mortgage you say...she has paid those things. I know that is more important than paying me back. It's just that she's promised twice to pay me back and until she proves she can pay me back. It's just heat for a week. She needs to not rely on me.

She has a job as a waitress. It's her boyfriend that's technically getting paid. I don't know what he's involved in. He's been accused of being a drug dealer (he has some court thingy soon for badgering a witness against or some bull-ponkey). That's another reason I'm reluctant to give more money. Maybe she'll realize this isn't the life for her and break up with this ass-hat and do something with her time on this planet.

I just think she needs to prove herself worthy again after this. I thought about enforcing the classic "3 strikes rule" but I'm tired of being passive and getting **** on.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.