I play bass and this guy is my idol. He plays straight from the heart and is so into the music he looks almost high or something while he's playing. Check it out right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BLQDIM52A&feature=related

Care to share your thoughts on Victor Wooten?
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Last edited by NHBassist12 at Nov 20, 2008,
Victor Wooten is an amazing bassist, I would love to see him live. I don't even play bass and I think he's amazing. Check out his guitar battle with his brother, its pretty sweet.
I think most bass players know Victor.
And many non bass players (like me) too.
He's original. He devised his own technique of playing in a fairly simple way. His technique takes a good time to master though.
He's a good musician, though I do think he sometimes overdoes it with the amount of notes
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
It pisses me off when people say Vic is nothing but showing off. That seems to pop up in every thread on him.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
i like his sense of fashion. and he's a pretty sick bassist.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
I can't listen to his solo work, it's too over the top and flashy. His Flecktones stuff is great though, oh and this really isn't jazz.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
yeah i don't get the whole "VERY FAST SLAP!!" thing....he's an excellent bass player....but bass isn't the lead instrument! It's the bass goddammit! I do agree with srvflood about his flecktones stuff though.
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
His solo work bores me. It's the bass equivalent of shred music. I like my music to have more than just technical skill.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Vic overdoes it sometimes but he is still a pretty good bassist. his work with the flecktones rocks. well that whole band rocks!! i just got Little Worlds a few days ago needless to say i've been listening to it a lot.
There was a thread on him a while and we came to a unanimous decision that he uses songs as vechile for techniques and plays too much. That's not to say that he isn't a good bass player, he's obviously very talented.