How well does running multiple small amps work? Do you just use the line out so you can use both of them? I understand that using one big one is cheaper and probably a better idea, but I'm just curious because I might be able to get an extra amp from a friend of mine, which is a 50w I think, so with my 38w, about how loud would that sound? Because I am seriously broke enough that I think for now, I've just gotta work with what I've got.
It would be any louder than the 50 watt. If you plan on using to channels, then one would be much louder than the other, and wouldn't sound too good. Just save, save, and save till you get an amp that is what you want.

Edit: Couldn't be arsed to give a proper answer just now, so here goes.

As has already been said it really depends on what your doing, and different combinations of speaker sizes will you give a better tone. But it's really only worth it if you use two high end amplifiers, in my experience. By all means, try it out. You may have excellent results. But if it were me, I wouldn't get my hopes up to high.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Nov 20, 2008,
Quote by fleajr_1412
It would be any louder than the 50 watt. If you plan on using to channels, then one would be much louder than the other, and wouldn't sound too good. Just save, save, and save till you get an amp that is what you want.

So using multiple amps would sound like ****? Does it work with multiple of the same kind? I'm mainly just asking that out of curiosity...
Depending on what your doing, especially if you can get the amp cheap it might be worth it.

If the speaker sizes are different, then you might have a more round tone, although being so small it might be alot less defined. More speakers have more area, therefore it will push more air and be louder. The other thing is that, if you are running effects you can achieve some cool tones buy running one amp clean and one amp with the effected signal.

So basicly what amp are you using now? What amp are you considering purchasing?
Quote by Captain Insano
Depending on what your doing, especially if you can get the amp cheap it might be worth it.

If the speaker sizes are different, then you might have a more round tone, although being so small it might be alot less defined. More speakers have more area, therefore it will push more air and be louder. The other thing is that, if you are running effects you can achieve some cool tones buy running one amp clean and one amp with the effected signal.

So basicly what amp are you using now? What amp are you considering purchasing?

I've got a cheap little 38w Ibanez, and I don't know what the 50w is, it's a friends, but he might let me use it.