Hey guys,
I can get a Vetta II head for $800 Australian tomorrow *about $400 American.... at the moment * But I need to know what to do buy the time I get home from school, in a bout 7 hours. I'm tempted to take a few pedals and some games to the pawnbrocker after school but you guys will have to help make me decision for me. I play modern and melodic death metal and would like a killer lead tone with some delay/reverb. Looking at the amp models I should get what I want although I can't seem to find any vetta II clips on the tube.

Opinions on Line6 Vetta II.
Go!

btw I have never tried the amp and won't have time to because it'll be snapped up in a matter of minutes after the doors open.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Nope.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Never played one, but Meshuggah do, thats some good pros on that amp
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Not sure what the first two posters are talking about, the Vetta II is a great amp and $800 AUS I'm assuming is a really good deal because all the amps I've seen there are ridiculously priced

It's really versatile, but for that price, you can't go wrong, especially in AUS. I mean, $800 USD is a pretty decent price for one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Have the first two ever played a Vetta?
Its TOTALLY different to a spider.
Any replys from educated people on this amp?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
are you sure its a vetta head?

thats an awfully killer price for a vetta.. sure you don't have it confused with the spider head?

if you're seriously getting a vetta head for 800 aus, snatch it up bro.. even if you don't like it, you could easily spin that around for profit.

but you probably will like the vetta, because it simply destroys
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Yes, its a superb modelling amp very unlike the spiders.
Line 6 bashers at the top of the thread dont know what theyre talking about.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by howey
Yeah its the Vetta II
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=385
Has anyone here actually played one?
It models the Powerball, VH4, dual rectifier, triple rectifier so I should be happy with it. I like the idea of adding a digital OD pedal to the amp to.

I have, the Vetta is an amazing amp.

I wouldn't hesitate the slightest at that price!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've played one briefly, I don't play the same genres as you - but it seems ideal for what you described. The price can't be beat either.
Sick deal bro, ignore the retards who don't know the difference between a vetta and a spider.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Vettas=Win in modeling amp form. They're the best line 6 makes, millions of times better sounding (and more reliable to boot) than spiders.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well after all of the positive replys I think I'll take it.
Has anyone had any experiance the ENGL, Mesa and Diezel models?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Well after all of the positive replys I think I'll take it.
Has anyone had any experiance the ENGL, Mesa and Diezel models?

I'm not cool enough to play those amps (I did play a couple mesas though), but i know they are all good. I've heard some amazing stuff about Diezel.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I meant the line 6 emulations of them on the Vetta II :P.
But cheers for the input bro .
Could I plug the head into the power amp of my Ashdown and use the 2 speakers from the combo? I also have a Krank 1x12 cab with a eminence legend but I don't think that a 1x12 will really let this beast roar.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
mate at that price (and assuming it's all in working order) I would bite the guys hand off!

I have had experience with this amp myself and it it truly epic - in fact if I had my own studio I would seriously consider using it exclusively for my tones. Well maybe not exclusively......

I have posted in other threads how annoyed or frustrated I am at bashing Line6 only because of the Spider range - but now I'm not going to waste my time anymore. Suffice to say that I think you realise who to listen to or not so......

Anyway, another smart feature of this amp is you can run two patches in stereo. You can get some truly awesome tones.

I seriously want one of those amps.

I'm off to attend my GAS Anonymous meeting now.........
Well if its not quite what I'm looking for then I may sell it to you for a grand.
Providing I get there before any other little bastards do :P.
I'm really excited!
I'm going to try and grab a Framus 2x12 with V30's at the same time so that I can really see what the amps made of. I don't know wether to trade my Krank or my Ashdown to fund the cabinet though.... decisions decisions :P.

Again has anyone had any experiance with the HIGH GAIN models on this amp?
Thats really all I'm interested in and I'm just looking for some detailed comparisons between the emulations and the real things or just your opinions on the high gain channels .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
The Vetta is the only SS that I know can hang with the mid-range/some higher end tube heads. For $400usd I'd grab it, they go for much much more from the ones I've seen. They take a bit of tweaking, but they sound great.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not sure what the first two posters are talking about, the Vetta II is a great amp and $800 AUS I'm assuming is a really good deal because all the amps I've seen there are ridiculously priced

It's really versatile, but for that price, you can't go wrong, especially in AUS. I mean, $800 USD is a pretty decent price for one.

+1

That's a steal at Australian prices.

Provided the ohms match up and the speakers can handle the power then you can use it with the Ashdown but you'll need to unplug the Ashdown's speaker cable and use the speaker in. Do NOT under any circumstances plug it into the input, FX return or any of the other inputs, only the speaker.

Probably best to get a dedicated cab long-term though.

[EDIT] Dude, is that the one in the Billy Hyde ad you're looking to buy?

Becasuse if it is the price for that is $3,760.00 and you've missed a zero...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 21, 2008,
That is a great deal, I would be a bit sceptical, perhaps it has been refurbished or has a problem. Try to get a guarantee. They do a fairly good job of modelling the Mesa.
Steven: Sure is! Its part of the 'Doorbuster' sale in the WA section. Can't wait!
I see... better not to risk it I guess. I think I'll trade the Ashdown in and try and get a Framus 2x12 cab out of it... or possibly a Bogner Alchemist 2x12. That way I'll have a cab I shouldn't ever need to replace and a killer head with any tone i could ever want.

Anyone tried the Bogner Alchemist 2x12 cab?
Anyone managed to find any soundclips of the Vetta II doing some high gain stuff?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Ah, those mental Austrailian sale things

yeah, take a chainsaw in that case, you'll probably have to scrap to get it!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
haha god i love em!
My ashdown was $200 and now I'm getting a Vetta II for $800!!
I've never quite understood the ohms so I'll need a hand here. Here's the cab I want to get.
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod4143.htm
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINVHEADII - At the bottom it says something about ohms.

On the Line6 site they had the back panel of the vetta II but the site seems to be down at the moment :S. Now I could run it stereo as I have my 1x12 krank cab and the one I'll be buying tomorrow but I would just like to keep it simple so an 8 ohm Framus 2x12 cab should work fine with the Vetta?.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Vettas are great amps, it's a steal at that price, if it is working properly that is.
I own a Vetta II combo. Currently, I've only got one clip of my Vetta. I'll let the clip do the talking and if you want more let me know and I'll do some recording today since I've got the day off.

Vetta lead clip
Just make sure it's a vetta. If so, get it now.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Guitarmiester: Sounds pretty nice bro!
Shame you didn't come on here earlier, I could have done with some rhythm clips. Oh well I'll go and buy the Vetta and my Framus 2x12 today and come home and play for the next few hours breaking the speakers in and getting to know the amp.
Cheers for the help guys, lets hope it all goes well *fingers crossed*
peace.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Good luck with the Vetta! If you need any help or advice with it, feel free to ask. Be sure to read through the manual. I went a week or two without bothering to look over the manual and I felt so lost with some of the features. This amp has a lot of editing, routing, EQ'ing, etc. capabilities, the manual explains them very well.
FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got there to late!
The guy at the pawnbroker took 40 minutes to key 3 items in the computor. ****, I was really looking forward to it .
Oh well hopefully I'll pick one up down the track at a later stage.
Thanks for the help guys.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Wow at the first posts.

Lets jump on the Line 6 blows bandwagon guyz!
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Wow at the first posts.

Lets jump on the Line 6 blows bandwagon guyz!

it sucks soo bad, like EVERY line 6 amp sucks, especially that vetta, I heard it's worse than the spiders!!!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Have you heard the HD147? Flextones?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Have you heard the HD147? Flextones?

mike, sarcasm

vetta's are amazing, same with the h147, and the flextones are decent, especially for modeling.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Oh.

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator