im sure a noise gate helps a lot
lot of practice to get it clean too
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
^ +1

playing it properly surely helps. although you probably don't really need a noise gate, decent pickups would probably help.
He has almost PERFECT legato technique. A lot of guys can play fast, but very few can do runs like that cleanly.

Romeo, Vai, and Ritchie Kotzen are masters at this.

Look up some Kotzen vid lessons on youtube.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by justinb904
im sure a noise gate helps a lot

Noise gates don't cut open string noise at all.

The secret behind his clean playing is in his picking hand; he's always muting the unplayed strings with various parts of his hand.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I like how the "slow" version still has a couple insanely fast flurries.
If you want to see Legato at it's finest, you need look no further than Allan Holdsworth.
yeah Allan Holdsworth has some scary legato chops. Satch has some scary clean legato chops also. I would say the man with the cleanest legato is Vai....yeah I know Satch and Vai..how cliche...but sometimes I am baffled at how he manages to cleanly play runs with his right arm waving about in the air and his left hand just cleanly flying all over the neck. Shawn Lane also was a man of scary legato even though people mostly talk about his picking.
Andy
More practice than most people are willing to put in is how he does it. Romeo is insane

you don't have to turn your distortion down. In fact, turning it up along with your mids will point out your mistakes even more, and if you get it clean with with that, THEN turn your gain down and keep the mids, make sure to keep it clean, then set your EQ as you normally would and do it.

Practice
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
its just a simple muting of the string with you hand, its not very hard.
Once you learn how to do it.