Hey guys, I'm a pretty big Van Halen fan and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any somewhat challenging Van Halen songs. "On Fire" sounds pretty cool, but I couldn't find any tabs for it.

thanks
Member of Lynyrd Skynyrd club, PM ledhed68 or i(ncubus)play to join
Challenging Van Halen songs on bass? Want some gigantic size XXS T-Shirts while you're there?

EDIT: Waits for guitards posting from the home page to respond with stuff like Eruption, never to be seen again.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
why not try to tab it out yourself? itll improve your ears!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
^yes because the bass lines aren't all that complex and its a good place to start to train your musical ear.
Yup, good way to train the ear. Not really any challenging songs on bass tho, just wasn't the mentality of a band like that.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Try transposing Eruption?

I done that one day, can't remember how good it worked out though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
"So this is Love?" and "Ultra Bass" off of their live album "Right here Right now". It is quite the bass solo.

Even if his lines are not hard, they sound cool and driving. And he is a good singer to boot. I also suggest all of his stuff from VH1 VH2 and Fair Warning.

I really like Micheal Anthony's bass playing. He might not be everyones cup of tee. He doesn't tap, slap or pop, plays with a pick and mostly does 'Teh RooooTz". But he has nice tone and drives Van Halen sound.

Why oh why wasn't Mikey in the reunion? They had to get that fat sack of **** Wolfgang instead.
Quote by eazy-c
Try transposing Eruption?

I done that one day, can't remember how good it worked out though.

Told ya...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
hm. consider the bassist...

no really. he's a great bassist, one of my favorite bass grooves is that pulse in Running With the Devil, but he has little technicality, besides of course, the ability to play drunk.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The guitar part to "black and blue" sounds quite cool on bass, It's good for practicing hybrid picking.

I agree with pizza the hut. van halen basslines are simple but they drive the song and hold it together. Eddie is one of the greatest guitarists ever, but his playing is all over the shop - I think he's a bit like jimi hendrix in that respect, the way he'll be playing the riff and then just break into half a bar of lead. You need a good foundation to keep everything tight.
Actually, I'm The One sounds like an interesting line, assuming he's swinging along with Alex and just just hitting one note.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
dude eruption is a sick song and its pretty hard to
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor