At the moment my setup consists of a Gibson Les Paul going into a Boss DS-1 and a Boss ME-50 and then into an Epiphone Valve Junior. I've been reasonably satisfied with this as up to now I've just been using it in my bedroom but now that I'm getting closer to gigging with my band and I have some money, I'd like to revamp everything a bit.

First of all I'll need a more powerful amp and I think I've narrowed it down to either an Orange Rocker 30 or a Vox AC30. I'd like to use the remainder of the money to try and replace my multi-effects with some individual pedals. I'll probably need a wah, delay, fuzz and phaser. Plus an overdrive/distortion if I went with the Vox.

My ideal sound is something along the lines of Radiohead but I also like to play Jimi Hendrix, The Mars Volta, Muse, RHCP, Led Zeppelin, that sort of thing.

My total budget is around £700, any suggestions?
try going with a ceriatone amp.....you'll save some money that way if you cant find anything good used.

and, replacing the multi is a great idea. the vox wah is a great wah. phaser....mxr phase 90 is a good standby. delay, do you want warm analog, or unlimited digital?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
try going with a ceriatone amp.....you'll save some money that way if you cant find anything good used.

and, replacing the multi is a great idea. the vox wah is a great wah. phaser....mxr phase 90 is a good standby. delay, do you want warm analog, or unlimited digital?

I'm going for quite a warm sound in general so i guess analog.

As for the amp, I want to make sure I'm completely satisfied with it and I'm happy to put off the pedals for a bit if I have to. I need this amp to 'last' for as long as possible as I'm not going to have this much money again for a while. I just want to make sure I get it right.
awesome.....i'm a fan as keeping things as analog as possible....a great delay is the carbon copy by MXR. also, have you thought any about a fuzz? you can never have too many fuzzes.

and i completely understand about the amp needing to last....thats what i am looking for right now.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
awesome.....i'm a fan as keeping things as analog as possible....a great delay is the carbon copy by MXR. also, have you thought any about a fuzz? you can never have too many fuzzes.

and i completely understand about the amp needing to last....thats what i am looking for right now.

They only ones I've considered so far are the Fuzz Factory and Big Muff. I used to have an FF and liked it but I'm not sure if I have a need for the extra craziness.
Last edited by Liam4 at Nov 20, 2008,