So, I got his guitar today for a pretty good deal, so I was wondering, would it be okay to swap the soapbar pickups for some EMGs? It plays amazing, but I want some active's in it.

This guitar here:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Soapbar-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=519938
Quote by DespisedIcon
I don't think the EMGs will fit.

This.

And why would you switch out a perfectly kickass pair of P90s? But I guess if actives are your thing....
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey
This.

And why would you switch out a perfectly kickass pair of P90s? But I guess if actives are your thing....

My first experience with P90's so I wasn't quite prepared for what I got. Plus it was a great deal so I had to go for it. The guitar plays exteremely well, but sounds like ass for metal. Was hoping I could just remedy that. Awesome playing guitar with some EMGs and I would have been rocking, but I guess not. This guitar is ****ing sweet though, so I may have to look into just buying another guitar.
Who the hell buys a Soapbar to play metal? Like seriously. This guitar is for "playin' da blues" and things like that, not freakin metal. Jeez kids and their metals nowadays.

/rant
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Who the hell buys a Soapbar to play metal? Like seriously. This guitar is for "playin' da blues" and things like that, not freakin metal. Jeez kids and their metals nowadays.

/rant

Oh, I agree it was a rather stupid thing to do, but it just came on suddenly and was a great deal from a local luthier I know so I couldn't pass it up.
Why not get your "local luthier" to route out humbucker spots in it?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Why not get your "local luthier" to route out humbucker spots in it?

It was something I thought about, but wouldn't that lessen the value of the guitar substantially? I'd hate to ruin it just to put in different pick ups, although it would be a cool thing to do. I love the playibility of it.