Page 1 of 3
So my two commissions are at a screeching halt due to lack of funds. the spanish cedar strat build fell through because i dont like the wood with the ugly glue mark (im selling the body for 60 dollars pre-routed shaped and carved if anyones interested), so i figure i would build myself a GOOD telecaster because the last TWO were complete ****ty junk tits. the first one i made the mistake of putting that awful kahler tremolo on it, the second one i just made other stupid mistakes like making the body 2 1/8'' thick with a bloodwood neck, it basically weighs 3 earth-masses.

So heres the details on this one.

one piece quarter sawn ribbon figure sapele body
No idea on the pickups yet, i like how 3 single coils are sounding though, maybe an HSS?
All gold hardware.
5 piece sapele/maple laminated neck, pretty rosewood/ebony fretboard. id love to do a 24 3/4'' scale since i love the way those feel.
bolt on with psuedo-AANJ
probably 22-24 frets, not sure. 9.5'' radius, standard string-through hard tail bridge (gotoh i think).

so far. not much. i need to order : truss rods, fretboard (or miter box whichever), pickups, probably other things i am not remembering. i am going to try to sell this one when its finish, probably going to match the price of a fender standard USA tele of the sort. this one will have inlays of some sort, i was thinking about doing a season-theme, i like autumn, maybe some gold leaves down the fretboard and on the headstock? i still need the damn stew-mac router base though, lack of funds is kicking my tits right now, but i REALLY want to do inlay on this one.
Last edited by LP Addict at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by White_fang
OH sorry that was the strat link let me fix it

he's not looking for a kit................
Quote by LP Addict
how do you like that sapele 420? i almost **** when i put it through my JET FOURTEEN INCH PLANER OMGZ SEXY

It makes me want to start using sapele......you drew a center line on it right?
OH

PLEEEASE PAINT IT LIKE THIS:

it will be awesome.

excited to see this one, LP.
------

Shwiggity.
you know me better than that, no paint here/hard finishes here. although my uncle has a professional car detail shop and he said hed throw 8 coats of super gloss lacquer on my guitars for 10 bucks a pop.

neck blank
Quote by ohspyro89
You are so lost.

lol, tell me about it, as if a guy who builds guitars sort of as his job (i think) is going to want to buy a SAGA kit. plus them kits are pretty ****

Anyway, looking good LP, how do you get rid of those glue lines? I glued together a mini SG two piece body and it has a glue line right down the middle, i'm always amased when I see those bookmatched tops with no glue lines.
7-10X whatever the wood cost is. for a one piece body just like that, probably around 200 and some change.

probably less. i could use the cash these days.
Last edited by LP Addict at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by ohspyro89
You are so lost.

LP, have you ever seen the sapele with figure in it? I bought some for a book shelf and it's amazing. There are like birdseye cluster ****s, it's pretty sweet.

yes i have, **** is EXPENSIVE. i got some of it in my last batch and i tried to put it to use, but most of it was on the sides/corners.
Nice, very subtle.

I'd like to do a tele one day that has a monsterous carve (like F-style Bevels) on the upper side... one day.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by LP Addict
yes i have, **** is EXPENSIVE. i got some of it in my last batch and i tried to put it to use, but most of it was on the sides/corners.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet stuff. That's the only sapele my lumber supplier carries, and only in 4/4. I was thinking of making a top out of it, since it's thin. Plus, bookmatching that would be pretty sweet stuff.

When I am rich of course, I'll do all of that.
Quote by White_fang
What?

Effin-A WF your slow.
LP I'm liking all of your projects more and more. I had a bit of mental bliss and harmony seeing the Bloodwood RG you built hows that thing sound anyways?
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by deftonesordie
it's like an icecream sandwich.... mmmmm

hey now! I have the ice cream sandwich

lookin good harper itz teh seks

beh 3v3n seksi3r if you order parts from me
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Last edited by nuthinbuttrubl8 at Nov 21, 2008,
surprise surprise, it looks good as always

also, Harper, with the help of lumberjack, i finally found a proper place to get my wood.
i guess give it a look if you get bored.
http://www.hardwoodsincorporated.com/
check out there invatory list though, its massive!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by LP Addict
i like my 50% off better than 15% =]

have you seen the dude on ********* that hand-makes his pickups...

(information removed to protect the few cents i make)

i have to change my sig... on some sites i can do much better than 15%.

dude, the parts alone cost over 22 bucks each plus shipping (if using stewmac parts) plus wire is like $2 to $4 per coil. I guess his time isn't worth sh*t.

Thanks for putting that out there for everyone to see... i'm sure it'll help my business a whole lot... i'm trying to be as fair as i can be and you flame me
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Last edited by nuthinbuttrubl8 at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by metalwarrior40
surprise surprise, it looks good as always

also, Harper, with the help of lumberjack, i finally found a proper place to get my wood.
i guess give it a look if you get bored.
http://www.hardwoodsincorporated.com/
check out there invatory list though, its massive!

That place has great top-wood, but their 8/4 in-store sucks ass, nothing very good for guitar making as far as size/type of wood.
yea, ill take your word for it, you know your wood, but im still going down there to see what they got.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
alright, lack of $$ leads me to put some GFS pickups into this bad boy, a vintage 59' in the neck and an vintage alnico 5 bucker in the bridge, 14k-9k, they were on sale on the discount for like 18 dollars each. I plan on direct mounting, anything think i should use rings on this one? i hate rings, its annoying to get the straight, id rather do some algebra and direct mount them... i think direct mount is classy, plus i have good routes usually.

All hardware is going to be chrome, i just ordered a sweet mighty might hard-tail style strat bridge thing. looks to be pretty classy. i'm excited about this one. i just need to order some truss rods and my stew mac miter box so i can get a fretboard going. hope fully i can make some dollarz this week.

Last edited by LP Addict at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by LP Addict
24 frets or 22? someone help me decide. ive got room for 2 humbuckers regardless.

no reason not to go with 24 then
Page 1 of 3