Whats up guys? I have saved up enough cash and now im looking for my next axe. I already have a Schecter Hellraiser so I want something totally different. I want a guitar with normal pickups and I really want a Trem. I have about $800 to spend so something around 7ish 750 cause of tax. I play anything from Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Pantera, a little Dethklok haha, **** like that. What would you reccomend. Also, I want the best trem I can get, this is my first one and i've heard horror stories about them.
Ibanez S470

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Look for something by ESP. Everything they make is good, but dont get a double locking trem. I still regret getting one with it.
Quote by John5rules125
Look for something by ESP. Everything they make is good, but dont get a double locking trem. I still regret getting one with it.

Honestly i dont know ANYTHING about trems so thanks!! Ill research that.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Honestly i dont know ANYTHING about trems so thanks!! Ill research that.

used ibanez prestige is def the way to go
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Bc rich outlaw, nj deluxe v or warbeast
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
schecter hellraiser fr
wait my bad didnt read the whole post you made. dont want a hellraiser.
then id say jackson pro series like a dk2m or rr3 or whatever shape your preference is. also like another dude said look into used ibanez prestige models or save up a little more and get the new rg2550z
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Last edited by punk_rocker101 at Nov 20, 2008,
If you want a good trem, get a floyd rose.

I would've said the Damien FR (like I have), cuz I got it for like $450 and it is probably the best guitar out there for the money, but you said you wanted something different

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast/ Warlock/ V/ Gunslinger Power is without a doubt your best shot. $750, Orignial Floyd Rose, EMG 85/81 pickups. B.C. Rich also makes other guitars with those similar specs. Killer looks, too.

My second recommendation would be an Ibanez RG or S Prestige series. The sounds of those metal machines make me cream myself, and the trems on those things are without a doubt the best on the planet, much better than the Floyd Rose.
Last edited by tehguitarnub at Nov 20, 2008,
An Ibanez RG1570 goes for $800, I think, but it has an awesome trem.

You could always go with the S Series, they also have good trems, check out the S7320 (an awesome 7-string for $700) or the S520EX. The S470DXQM is more expensive than the 520EX because of the finish, unless you REALLY want quilted maple.

And be sure to check out the Jackson RR3.
I've played the RR3 last night. I thought that I really wanted that guitar but it just didn't do it for me. Neither did the Warrior. I really like the looks of those but they just sound very tinny and weak to me I guess.

I am going to go to my local guitar center tomorrow and check out what they have. I also have been thinking about just getting a new tube amp. Pretty much the only one that I see that isn't over $1000 and might be right up my alley is the B-52 AT 112.

What kind of Ibanez trem is the best?? Isn't that the edge pro or something?
a jackson RR3 is a good guitar ever had any major problems with it's bridge.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Schecter C1 Blackjack ATX FR perhaps?

or some kind of ESP with a trem?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by SloppyJoseph
I've played the RR3 last night. I thought that I really wanted that guitar but it just didn't do it for me. Neither did the Warrior. I really like the looks of those but they just sound very tinny and weak to me I guess.

I am going to go to my local guitar center tomorrow and check out what they have. I also have been thinking about just getting a new tube amp. Pretty much the only one that I see that isn't over $1000 and might be right up my alley is the B-52 AT 112.

What kind of Ibanez trem is the best?? Isn't that the edge pro or something?

Edge Pro and ZR are the most common ones still in production that are sweet.

The Edge III is nice while it holds up, but it won't hold up more than a year.
Well I walked into guitar center, realized that I liked my Hellraiser more than the guitars that I tried and ended up walking out with a B52 AT 2-12 for 500. I couldn't pass that up. Such a sweet amp for the price. Thanks for the help guys. I think fixed bridges and EMG's are for me though.
Other Schecter guitars, ESP LTD, Jackson. But seriously, how do we know what you want and like? Why dont you just go try a bunch with the specs you are looking for and get the one that sounds and feels good to you.