Quote by food1010
Cm
They droptune or downtune; frankly, I forget which and they may not be consistant with their tunings. Is the song in Em and then tuned down to C?
Quote by seankellyultgtr
er, what notes are in that hah. i havent learned minors, im still learning
Read the theory link in my sig. That question wasn't directed to you. I'll explain what I'm talking about after that question is answered.

Edit: Don't double-post...ever. Use the edit button.
Attachments:
Edit Button.jpg
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Nov 20, 2008,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
They droptune or downtune; frankly, I forget which and they may not be consistant with their tunings. Is the song in Em and then tuned down to C?

Drop D.

And TS, the notes in Cm are C D Eb F G Ab Bb.

EDIT: Those are the notes in the C natural minor scale. The notes in a Cm triad are C Eb G.
The notes in the C harmonic minor scale are C D Eb F G Ab B C.
and melodic: C D Eb F G A B C ascending, and descending: C Bb Ab G F Eb D C.
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 20, 2008,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Read the theory link in my sig. That question wasn't directed to you. I'll explain what I'm talking about after that question is answered.

Edit: Don't double-post...ever.

read that entire thing?
Quote by food1010
Drop D.

And TS, the notes in Cm are C D Eb F G Ab Bb.

EDIT: Those are the notes in the C natural minor scale.

okay cool thanks.

and does this count as a double post? cause i replied to one before i even saw this one...
Quote by seankellyultgtr
or how can i find out what notes are in the key of Em or Cm?

www.all-guitar-chords.com

go to the scales part.
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by seankellyultgtr
okay cool thanks.

and does this count as a double post? cause i replied to one before i even saw this one...
Do not EVER make consecutive posts in a thread. That is the law of UG. You're new, so crushing you for this would just be bitchy, and how can I be a bitch when Thanksgiving break is so soon and I get to go home and see my dog (and I guess my parents and other family, too). Yes, that counts. Use the edit button; it is shown in one of my posts.

Food: Is it in drop-d down one full step? Cm in drop-d seems weird, though it's of course possible.

Quote by seankellyultgtr
read that entire thing?
Don't try to read it all at once. That's probably 1/2 semester of a college intro to music theory class! Make your way through it, though, and read the links in Freepower's sig and the Crusade articles, as well.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Do not EVER make consecutive posts in a thread. That is the law of UG. You're new, so crushing you for this would just be bitchy, and how can I be a bitch when Thanksgiving break is so soon and I get to go home and see my dog (and I guess my parents and other family, too). Yes, that counts. Use the edit button; it is shown in one of my posts.
So you spend 364 days of the year a bitch and you take a break on thanksgiving?

ily sue, don't hurt me
Quote by demonofthenight
So you spend 364 days of the year a bitch and you take a break on thanksgiving?
That's only so, when we go around the table and say what we're thankful for, everyone can say, "That Suzi isn't going to be a caustic boor today."

Someone actually said that. I got my first college acceptance letter from Pitt a few days earlier (they have rolling admissions) and I knew I was going to get into other schools, but I was elated for a week.

Edit: That someone was my boyfriend of six weeks who ended up being my boyfriend of six weeks and one day.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
That's only so, when we go around the table and say what we're thankful for, everyone can say, "That Suzi isn't going to be a caustic boor today."

Someone actually said that. I got my first college acceptance letter from Pitt a few days earlier (they have rolling admissions) and I knew I was going to get into other schools, but I was elated for a week.

Edit: That someone was my boyfriend of six weeks who ended up being my boyfriend of six weeks and one day.
Awww, poor Sue . Hey, my friends and family don't think too highly of me either, difference is they have a valid reason.