So now that my title has grabbed your attention (yes it is quite groin-grabingly awesome) I have a real question. I want to get a new guitar strap. I would put this in the accessories section but EG is much cooler. I'm quite a metallica fan and I want to be able to wear my guitar lower to emulate james hetfield. Now the guitar I own is a tokai SG, its an SG body, and I have a no name leather strap to it, but it doesnt go low enough. I recently went into a guitar store and ran into some ernie ball inked guitar straps. And i picked one up and looked at it, and it was pretty solid, and looked pretty bitchin so I went and measured the length and it was pretty long compared to others. Now i read online that its max length is 144cm (56.7 inch). Now my question is are there any other guitar straps that are reliable, and that are able to expand to a great length? Like are there any that can get longer and that are popular to be found in guitar stores? I know early metallica james hetfield used earth III guitar straps, but I cant ****ing find any anywhere, now he uses a levy's huge padded one, but im not an old man like he is. So any help?

this is what the ernie ball straps look like that I saw.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Don't get those, they are pure leather and weigh on their own plus it hurts your neck, unless you like it that way.
I wouldn't recommend leather straps but since you have one already go ahead
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
I have a no-name leather strap, i havent bought one of these yet, i just wanted some input, would it be better to get a non leather one? any other info?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I have one of those. I don't think they're even real leather...either that, or the paint cracks REALLY easy. They aren't that comfortable, either.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by this&that
I have a no-name leather strap, i havent bought one of these yet, i just wanted some input, would it be better to get a non leather one? any other info?

If your strap feels comfortable you should get one of those.
I prefer nylon straps myself.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
I like nylon better, because it moves around on my shoulder, whereas the leather straps stay in place, even if my guitar moves, which is annoying.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
would a nylon strap extend really far? like what would be a standard length for it, im looking to about 150cm length.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Check out Couchguitarstraps.com They make some nice comfy stuff and they extend to about 170 cm, so plenty of length for you.
Quote by noobguy
Check out Couchguitarstraps.com They make some nice comfy stuff and they extend to about 170 cm, so plenty of length for you.

thanks for that, im checking out the site now, the straps look pretty sweet, have you purchased from there before?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Yeah, I've got several from Couch, they're good straps, really comfortable with a heavy guitar.