Right,

I did some searching and couldn't find this.

A lot of people on here are giving out great reviews of Ashdown's bass cabs. My problem being where the hell do I go to try one out. I'm in Southern California but have never seen one in a guitarcenter or samash or any music store. I don't wanna buy an amp online without having played it and I don't know anyone who has one I can try. I looked at the dealers page on Ashdowns website but it gave about 5 for the whole state and they all looked like repair shops to me based on the websites.

Thanks
I have no idea why guitar center wouldn't have one.
Ask them when or if they will get one.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
they're from britian. go there lol.

i confess i bought mine on recommendation, reviews, and youtube =/

but i certianly do love it.
I play bass!
Quote by maidendeth13
i'm not set on buying anythign but i didn't want to start yet another thread on which amp should i buy. I just wanted to see if there was anywhere I could check them out. Nowhere to try out carvin gear is there?

Since you are fortunate to live California, there are actually a few places, my my other post there is a link to some places where you can.

I guess the whole "you can't try them out" is misleading. You can try them out, it's just not very practical for most of us.
Well I own an Ashdown cab and head and I'm quite fond of them, the only complaint I have with what I have is that they're kind of noisy, though I do like the tone I get from them from the price I paid. The noise isn't too much of a problem when playing in a full band, it's just when playing at home it can be annoying. That's just my opinion. You could always buy one online from a website like music123 or musiciansfriend and try it out and send it back before 30 days if you don't care for it, I think, but that's up to you.
Quote by maidendeth13
Right,

A lot of people on here are giving out great reviews of Ashdown's bass cabs. My problem being where the hell do I go to try one out. I'm in Southern California but have never seen one in a guitarcenter or samash or any music store. I don't wanna buy an amp online without having played it and I don't know anyone who has one I can try. I looked at the dealers page on Ashdowns website but it gave about 5 for the whole state and they all looked like repair shops to me based on the websites.

Thanks

don't know, but for the money your better off with an EBS cab

Marcus Miller plays them and they sound AMAZING

www.ebssweden.com
EBS cabs even though better are much more expensive and the TS might be on a budget or might not like them. But if you can ashdown abm cabs and Ebs cabs are both excellent.
On another note does any one know when the new ashdown us series range is coming out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The amp is the BTA (big tube amp). Should really be the FBTA. Looks like a beast, they better ship them over here.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
The amp is the BTA (big tube amp). Should really be the FBTA. Looks like a beast, they better ship them over here.

Just what i was thinking seriously though 400 watts TUBE. I cnat wait to try one out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by maidendeth13
Right,

Thanks

Quite frankly Ashdown like many others charge a lot of bucks for their cabs which in the UK are loaded with very indifferent speakers.
I recently built a 1x12" extension cab for our guitarist, the RRP for the branded cab was £245 GBP about $367, the speaker cost me £24 GBP and I know for sure due to my contacts in the trade that this was the genuine replacement, so there you are £221 for an empty box.
Now you know why I build cabs for so many people.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Ashdown cabs aren't terrible but if I could swap my cab then I would, I'd love a Hartke.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by John Swift
Quite frankly Ashdown like many others charge a lot of bucks for their cabs which in the UK are loaded with very indifferent speakers.
I recently built a 1x12" extension cab for our guitarist, the RRP for the branded cab was £245 GBP about $367, the speaker cost me £24 GBP and I know for sure due to my contacts in the trade that this was the genuine replacement, so there you are £221 for an empty box.
Now you know why I build cabs for so many people.

build me a 1x15 300W RMS handling cab please

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by fatgoogle
Just what i was thinking seriously though 400 watts TUBE. I cnat wait to try one out.

WTF, does it run off an octet of power tubes? Where the hell would you buy a matched octet? Shouldn't really be louder than 300w would it? Just better bass response before breakup, a little more hifi?
That's why you build tube bass amps with such high power. So you can turn them up louder without it going fully distorted, like a 100W tube guitar amp would. More power = more headroom.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
build me a 1x15 300W RMS handling cab please

Bass guitar cab loaded with a 15" Eminence 300 watt Delatlite Neodymium £150 due to bulk purchase of 15" speakers while stock lasts.
If you Pm your email I'll send you some shots
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by dullsilver_mike
WTF,
Please express yourself without this.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Bass guitar cab loaded with a 15" Eminence 300 watt Delatlite Neodymium £150 due to bulk purchase of 15" speakers while stock lasts.
If you Pm your email I'll send you some shots

PM'd

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5