Asus

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Whatever model that's around that price.

Generally just look for these specs or better:
Core 2 Duo 2.0 or more
2GB DDR2 RAM or more

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
yeah Asus' stuff is pretty good
not amazing

but if your just using it for school and business stuff and basic things like music and movies

yeah Asus all the way
I do alot of traveling and I just bought an Asus Eee 901. I definitely don't recommend it as your only computer as it's purely used for its portability and speed, but it definitely has showed me the quality of Asus and how awesome their customer service is.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
HP Pavillion dv6000, theres two different one with 250gb memory and 4gb RAM(800ish) and the other 250gb memory and 3gb RAM(720ish) second models is what i have doesnt slow down from music and really fast and has good internal wifi adpater well worth the money
Quote by grifff
Would a 500-700$ model of Asus be able to play games that require a decent graphics card and all that good stuff?

No.

Most decent gaming laptops are twice your budget or more. If you really want to play games, you should just build a desktop PC yourself.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
No.

Most decent gaming laptops are twice your budget or more. If you really want to play games, you should just build a desktop PC yourself.

Im not talking about playing CoD or anything, my brother plays World of warcraft(sad i know) and he would probably want to use my laptop sometimes, would anyhting in my price range be able to handle it?
Quote by grifff
Im not talking about playing CoD or anything, my brother plays World of warcraft(sad i know) and he would probably want to use my laptop sometimes, would anyhting in my price range be able to handle it?

Barely...

I'm pretty sure WoW is fairly graphic intensive, which means it requires a dedicated graphic card. The laptops in your price range all only have on-board GPU, which can only handle basic interface functions.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
No.

Most decent gaming laptops are twice your budget or more. If you really want to play games, you should just build a desktop PC yourself. Or more.

Fixed.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fixed.
...what do you mean "or more"?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
These are the recommended specs for the game,

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:
Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
1024 MB RAM
64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above
Broadband Internet connection
Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

Could you recommend me a laptop in the 700-1000 price range that has these specs?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Barely...

I'm pretty sure WoW is fairly graphic intensive, which means it requires a dedicated graphic card. The laptops in your price range all only have on-board GPU, which can only handle basic interface functions.

* Processor: 800MHz or higher CPU.
* RAM: 256Mb or more.
* Video: GeForce 2 or better
* Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.
* DirectX 9.0 or above.

I have a few friends that play it on laptops with integrated chipsets.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Then I guess WoW would be barely functioning...

However you should dissuade your brother from playing WoW to begin with.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by grifff
I would too, but thank god hes not overly obsessed with it

Do you think this laptop could handle it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9094632&type=product&id=1218020987619

Do not go with Acer. Go with Asus or HP. Also, buy from www.newegg.com.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Shell out an extra 100 and get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220303

You get a dedicated GPU and everything.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by clearchaos
Acer, as well.

R U CEREAL!?

but never go cheap on laptops, espcially for school, I would tell you to go with a macbook, but for about $900 you can find a nice tablet PC with a touch screen for taking quick notes, and all the bells and whistles that some laptops have. its like an HP Pavilion TX2000 or something like that, but still, if you're willing to go the whole 9 yards, go macbook.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by grifff

That one looks pretty good too.

I also recommend MacBook and MacBook Pro, but I don't know what you want to do with your laptop specifically.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go for an Intel Core 2 Duo, or maybe even an Intel Quadcore
If you like AMD go for the Phenon...

I personally like Dell, Hp, or Sony VAIO for laptops...
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life