When I get a job I plan on starting my own personal "Dream Gear Fund" (see sig)

Right now it is for an American Standard Strat and a Takamine acoustic (I might have to save more depending on which one I want to get.)

I will be getting a new amp as one of my first purchases after I get the job. Most likely a Blackheart Handsome Devil.

My question is if I should also have a nice amp in there too. Something like a Dr. Z or Bad Cat. Something REALLY nice.

I don't know how long this will take to earn, but I think I am going to open a bank account for the sole purpose of gear funds. Does anyone know if that is ok or would that not work?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
it should work, though in MY OPINION, I would not choose that. I would get a good company like Schecter, and make my own custom equipment. Sure, expensive, but it is dream gear.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
You serious Irish punk? the digitech grunge?

If it's your dream rig, you should exactly what you want. The very best.
If it's a future rig, go for solid gear that you like.
Well I'm not going schecter because I don't play metal or anything that really resembles it. I'm actually stuck between a Tele and Strat though. It's been a while since I played a Tele, and when I did it was through an acoustic amp

I've got time to decide though. The way I see it I'm gonna be saving for a good long time before I can get everything.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
$3000 goes by like nothing working during the summer.

order of things purchased should be:
1) AMP

2) PEDALS

3) GUITAR

4) MORE PEDALS

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
^ Lol if you knew what kind of guitar I have right now you would switch 2 and 3 in a heartbeat.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
That is what I plan on doing. Once I get a job, like I said, I'm getting a Blackheart. I've heard good things about them. Of course, I'm going to try it out first, but you get what I mean. I won't be using my crappy Frontman 15G for very long after I find someone who will hire me.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'm planning on trying those out too. I just don't know if it makes a whole lot of sense for me to buy an amp that expensive just to practice with. Maybe I could get it used around the same price as the Blackheart?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
huh?
It's your tone. don't sacrifice it just because your only practicing. The BH isn't bad I just think the Blues Junior might be a bit better for you. With a good overdrive
Hey wow, thanks. I really don't know much about electric right now. I could rattle off acoustic facts all day, but I really don't know much about electric.

Kind of off topic, but my high E string doesn't seem to pick up very well, although with the high level of crap I'm using I'm not sure what to blame. My amp sucks, my cable sucks. The best thing I have is the guitar. Could it just be an amp problem? Maybe string guage since I only have .09's on it right now?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
It could be a lot of things. Setup, you may need to adjust the pickup. I'd hold out if it's not too bad. Start working and get some new gear!
I say just make sure you spend more on an amp. My bottom of the line schecter sounds great through my fireball with the new pickups.
all in all my guitar has only cost me $300 and my amp and cab have been $1,225.
If i spent my money the other way around, i'd still be pretty fed up with my tone.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab