Can someone explain to me how to do this? i play in a church band and i heard it was good to learn
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
tran·si·tion (trān-zĭsh'ən, -sĭsh'-) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. Passage from one form, state, style, or place to another.
1. Passage from one subject to another in discourse.
2. A word, phrase, sentence, or series of sentences connecting one part of a discourse to another.
3. A modulation, especially a brief one.
4. A passage connecting two themes or sections.
3. Music
1. A modulation, especially a brief one.
2. A passage connecting two themes or sections.
4. Genetics A point mutation in which a pyrimidine is replaced by another pyrimidine, or a purine is replaced by another purine.
5. Sports The process of changing from defense to offense or offense to defense, as in basketball or hockey.
6. A period during childbirth that precedes the expulsive phase of labor, characterized by strong uterine contractions and nearly complete cervical dilation.

intr.v. tran·si·tioned, tran·si·tion·ing, tran·si·tions

1. To make a transition.
2. Sports To change from defense to offense or offense to defense.

tran·si'tion·al, tran·si'tion·ar'y (-zĭsh'ə-něr'ē adj., tran·si'tion·al·ly adv.

note
   /noʊt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [noht] Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, verb, not⋅ed, not⋅ing.
–noun
1. a brief record of something written down to assist the memory or for future reference.
2. notes, a record or outline of a speech, statement, testimony, etc., or of one's impressions of something.
3. an explanatory or critical comment, or a reference to some authority quoted, appended to a passage in a book or the like: a note on the origin of the phrase.
4. a brief written or printed statement giving particulars or information.
5. Library Science. additional information about a work, such as its special series or some other significant identification, included on the library catalog entry.
6. a short, informal letter: a thank-you note.
7. a formal diplomatic or official communication in writing: a note delivered by the ambassador.
8. a paper acknowledging a debt and promising payment; promissory note.
9. a certificate, as of a government or a bank, accepted as money.
10. eminence, distinction, or reputation: a man of note.
11. importance or consequence: few events of particular note.
12. notice, observation, or heed: to take note of warning signs; to be worthy of note.
13. a characteristic or distinguishing feature: a note of whimsy in the design of the house.
14. a mark, quality, or indication of something, esp. as a submerged but ubiquitous element: There was just a note of bitterness in his films.
15. a characteristic way of speaking or thinking: His critics had begun to change their note.
16. a signal, announcement, or intimation: a note of warning in her voice.
17. Music.
a. a sign or character used to represent a tone, its position and form indicating the pitch and duration of the tone.
b. a key, as of a piano.
18. a tone sounded on a musical instrument.
19. a musical sound or tone.
20. a melody, tune, or song.
21. a sound of musical quality, as one uttered by a bird: attentive to the thrush's note.
22. any call, cry, or sound of a bird, fowl, etc.
23. a new or unexpected element in a situation.
24. a mark or sign, as of punctuation, used in writing or printing.
–verb (used with object)
25. to write or mark down briefly; make a memorandum of: to note the places of interest.
26. to make particular mention of in a writing: She noted their extra efforts in her report.
27. to annotate.
28. to observe carefully; give attention or heed to: Note the fine brushwork in this painting.
29. to take notice of; perceive: We noted his concern at the announcement.
30. to set down in or furnish with musical notes.
31. to indicate or designate; signify; denote.
—Idiom
32. compare notes, to exchange views, ideas, or impressions: The returning tourists were sitting on the sun deck comparing notes.
Origin:
1175–1225; (n.) ME (< OF) < ML nota sign for musical tone, L: mark, sign, lettering; (v.) ME noten < OF noter to mark < L notāre, deriv. of the n.

be⋅tween
   /bɪˈtwin/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bi-tween] Show IPA Pronunciation
–preposition
1. in the space separating (two points, objects, etc.): between New York and Chicago.
2. intermediate to, in time, quantity, or degree: between twelve and one o'clock; between 50 and 60 apples; between pink and red.
3. linking; connecting: air service between cities.
4. in portions for each of (two people): splitting the profits between them.
5. among: sharing the responsibilities between the five of us.
6. by the dual or common action or participation of: Between us, we can finish the job in a couple of hours.
7. distinguishing one from the other: He couldn't see the difference between good and bad.
8. in comparing: no preference between the two wines.
9. by the combined effect of.
10. existing confidentially for: We'll keep this matter between the two of us.
11. involving; concerning: war between nations; choice between things.
12. being felt jointly or reciprocated by: the love between them.
13. by joint possession of: Between them they own most of this company.
14. Heraldry. in the midst of, so as to make a symmetrical composition: a cross argent between four bezants.
–noun
15. Usually, betweens. a short needle with a rounded eye and a sharp point, used for fine hand stitchery in heavy fabric.
–adverb
16. in the intervening space or time; in an intermediate position or relation: two windows with a door between; visits that were far between.
—Idioms
17. between ourselves, confidentially; in trust. Also, between you and me, between you, me, and the post (lamppost, gatepost, etc.).
18. in between,
a. situated in an intermediary area or on a line or imaginary line connecting two points, things, etc.
b. in the way: I reached for the ball, but the dog got in between.
Origin:
bef. 900; ME betwene, OE betwēonan, betwēonum, equiv. to be- be- + twēon- (c. Goth tweihn(ai) two each) + -um dat. pl. ending

chord
1   /kɔrd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kawrd] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a feeling or emotion: His story struck a chord of pity in the listeners.
2. Geometry. the line segment between two points on a given curve.
3. Engineering, Building Trades. a principal member of a truss extending from end to end, usually one of a pair of such members, more or less parallel and connected by a web composed of various compression and tension members.
4. Aeronautics. a straight line joining the trailing and leading edges of an airfoil section.
5. Anatomy. cord (def. 6).
Origin:
1350–1400; ME < L chorda < Gk chord gut, string; r. cord in senses given

que?
One common transition is called the chromatic approach, in which you play a note a semitone below or above the next chord as you transition into it. For example: You play a G major and then you transition into, lets say... a C major with a B.
Sorry if that's confusing.
i typically use chord voicings like 7ths sus4s add9s of the first chord to transition to the next depending on which chord im switching to and what sounds good in the song

i never started learning stuff like this till i started playing in my church band
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 20, 2008,
In addition to the chromatic approach, you can also use the scale approach, which uses the adjacent scale tone (instead of the chromatic one I mentioned in the last post), or the dominant approach, which uses the 5th of the targeted note.
Quote by food1010
In addition to the chromatic approach, you can also use the scale approach, which uses the adjacent scale tone (instead of the chromatic one I mentioned in the last post), or the dominant approach, which uses the 5th of the targeted note.

yeah this helped a lot thanks
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff