I saw a guitar today in a local shop, an ESP custom. HSS setup with a Wilkinson bridge, and a bird's eye maple neck. The body is a green laminated wood shaped like a strat. The head stock is also cut like a strat. No case, no tremolo bar, the middle pickup is lose, the screws on the neck pickup are stripped. The guy at the shop said a guy traded it in on some PA stuff, but it was messed up because when he took it through an airport they made him take it apart??? I have never seen an ESP that looked exactly like a strat, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell if it is a legit ESP custom. There is no writing on the neck plate, no serial number on the headstock, just says ESP custom by the tuners. I wont have pictures until tomorrow, but any help now would be appreciated, thanks.

oh and the two single coils look like hotrails and they say "esp" in little letters in the middle of them. the bridge pickup doesn't say anything and has a chrome bezel.
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Sounds like an M-1 with those features. Get the pics up and we should be able to identify it.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by hightension01
well sounds like a piece of crap so why ask?

Cause they only want $650 for it... the pickup should be an easy fix

Quote by AcousticSlayer
They have a whole line of them

Where is this whole line of them? It is not a standard M or H body and has a STRAT headstock, never seen that on an ESP before..
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
look at the esp "vintage" series.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
look at the esp "vintage" series.

That is what I thought, but it doesn't look used at all. It is either a newer ESP custom or an old mirage that sat in a time capsule, seriously it is immaculate... except for the pickups. Oh, one more comment, there is a weird bolt in the neck near the body, but it is in the "bottom" of the neck, if you are looking at as if you were playing it.

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone