I was practicing at a friends house playing some rush, when i stupidly turned on my amp while there was no cable in the output, because i was connecting the attenuator. I didnt actually plug in a guitar while i did that, and there was no cable in the amp input on the front.

I did play later on, and i only noticed a slight tonal difference, a little worse than usual, probably because the dimensions of the room were different.

Its really late, and i dont want to plug in my rig again, so did i just screw up my amp? Can i fix it?

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Well i thought that if there wasnt a cable running back to the amp it wouldnt have a dummy load, or does the attenuator automatically do that even if i dont run the cable back to the amp?
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
yea it could hurt since you didnt have the cable plugged into the speaker output. it could be your mind making you think the tone is worse when it really isnt. just keep playing with it, its probably OK for now.

did you just turn on the amp? or did you flip the standby off also? its only when you flip off standby that the load is on the amp.... otherwise its just in... standby...
Well Enough Alone
Well i just looked on the Weber website, and it said that it also functions as a dummy load.

, i was worried there for a second!
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2