Budget is around $500 and I want a new toy. I Dont know much about Ibanez and the quality in relation to price range so.... Are they good in this price range? I plan to put in aftermarket pickups in. Any recommendations?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
no. schecter. or a PRS SE.

ibanez is made of poo.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk

ibanez is made of poo.

i hate ibaneze too, but if hes into vai and satriani it makes sense to get one, cuz it would suit his style
give more detail on your playing style and whatnot
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
knew I forgot something... I want it for just "metal", hi-gain through my Mesa.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Quote by humperdunk

ibanez is made of poo.

WTF? Are you retarded? Cheap Korean Ibanez are made of poo but c'mon, Be specific when you go bad mouthing products you probably know nothin about.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by occub
knew I forgot something... I want it for just "metal", hi-gain through my Mesa.

i think i shecter would do great
they jsut put out a lot of new models, so take a look on their website
EDIT: also check ltds, theyre similar
Quote by ibanez_guru
WTF? Are you retarded? Cheap Korean Ibanez are made of poo but c'mon, Be specific when you go bad mouthing products you probably know nothin about.

any ibanez you can get for 500 bucks is gonna be made of poo. don't tell me i don't know anything about ibanez. i know a ton.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
jackson dxmg or save up for a real DKMG... it will be orgasmic through ur mesa
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
jackson dxmg or save up for a real DKMG... it will be orgasmic through ur mesa

The DXMG looks promising, EMG's and a Trem..... I want to get a list going and go try them out.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Quote by humperdunk
any ibanez you can get for 500 bucks is gonna be made of poo. don't tell me i don't know anything about ibanez. i know a ton.

ok then. Another living room legend
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
i suggest either an s or a fixed bridge rg

the prs se paul allender is also pretty good for metal
Quote by Jyscal
try out the SZ
full mahogony body, great tone

prs se guitars make the sz series obsolete in my opinion
+1 PRS SE.

I put emg 81/85 in mine last week and it is amazing!
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Ive had 2 ibanez guitars..i didnt really feel they had enough arse kicking in them from standard..
i had a s470dxqm..and an rg350dx
just didnt sound too metal for me..

try finding a schecter hellraiser with floyd rose..
if i can get one, yea a few dings in it, but its amazing! all for £200...$400
u know...just look around

speaking of the devil...
pricage = perfect + free shipping...bonus on you sir!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-HELLRAISER-C-1FR-GUITAR-ACTIVE-EMG-PICKUPS-08_W0QQitemZ110315055858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110315055858&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by occub
Budget is around $500 and I want a new toy. I Dont know much about Ibanez and the quality in relation to price range so.... Are they good in this price range? I plan to put in aftermarket pickups in. Any recommendations?

Ibanez S520ex. Cost around $600 (or at least mine did). I love it. Looks great, fingers slide up and down the fretboard effortlessly, super easy action with an easy thumbwheele screw on the back to loosen or tighten string tension. The only thing id ever change on mine is the pups but unless you are gigging or have a sick rig at home to play through, the stock pups are enough.
Quote by humperdunk

You are a fool. The S520ex is great and not just for it's price. It looks and sounds bad ass. The only thing it lacks are pups but that is a fairly inexpensive upgrade. The pups it comes with are INF's. Just swap em with some EMG's or something.
I've got the RG3EXQM1. It's got the "Designed by EMG" passive pickups. I think the current RG2EX1 is the same guitar without the quilted top. I'm quite happy with the guitar when I play with a lot of gain. The pickups are pretty lifeless when playing clean, but I consider that same attribute to be a plus when playing with high gain. Too many harmonics just make more noise when using high gain, so a bit of a sterile sound gives better note definition with gain. That's just my opinion and I'm sure plenty will disagree.

My Ibanez was made in Indonesia. I have no idea how it compares to the "korean poo" that everybody in this thread is bitching about, but overall I'm quite happy with the build quality and playability of the guitar. It's at least as well built as my MIM Strat, and I've had no problems with it in the nearly 2 years that I've owned it.
Its all a matter of opinion, I dont like the prs necks, and i have never liked any ibanez i have ever played. That does not mean they are bad. Just diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. If you like what i like, look at Schecter, Jackson, and ESP LTD. The PRS are good quality and very nice looking, i just hate the way the necks are shaped. Its just not for me.
Quote by init24
i think i shecter would do great
they jsut put out a lot of new models, so take a look on their website
EDIT: also check ltds, theyre similar

dyou mean the esp ltd's?

if so, then yeah i'd reccomend one of them, i've only played the explorer and the superstrat shaped ltd models but they're amazing guitars for the price
ESP LTD's are great! a whole lot of bang for the buck. Anything they are ever lacking is nothing a pup change cant fix.