first of all i dont think im turngin my amp on right, what is the right way to do that?

but when i turn it on, i flip the standby switch then the power switch and let it set then i turn the standby switch off and nothing happens and no sound comes out. help me please?

sorry i am a noob at tube amps
Leave standby switch on standby, put power switch "on", let the amp warm up for about 30 seconds, then switch the standby switch to "on" so that both switches are on.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
ok thank you! thats what i juts read on harmony central....someone else asked the same question...

and will turning it on the wrong way mess it up? because i might have already done that
Quote by guitarockstar99
ok thank you! thats what i juts read on harmony central....someone else asked the same question...

and will turning it on the wrong way mess it up? because i might have already done that

Probably not, just don't make a habit of it
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by guitarockstar99
ok, and isnt it bad when my tubes glow red/orange?

That just means that they're working. Don't be alarmed if you touch them and get burnt either; they're supposed to get hot.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

ok lol..i knew that......but i tried what you said....to turn the power on then standby on but nothing still happend...aarg!!
I've alway gone

P:off in standby mode --> P:on --> Tune up --> switch out of standby mode --> Play --> switch back into standby mode --> Pack up --> P:off in standby mode.
what make sure your instrument cable is good, and the volume on the guitar and amp is set right. Try turning all the volume/eq knobs to 2.5-3 then do it again
Quote by Jaksar
I've alway gone

P:off in standby mode --> P:on --> Tune up --> switch out of standby mode --> Play --> switch back into standby mode --> Pack up --> P:off in standby mode.

Right, but remember that there is no "off" in standby mode. It's either standby or on.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Both swithches need to be on. Turn the power switch on first, with the standby off.
Then turn the standby switch on, leaving the power on.

Now both switches are on, and you're ready to go.

The tubes are supposed to glow. If they aren't, then they're not working.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
ok so i did all these things and nothing happened.....is there another quick fix problem that it could be?
On my amp you turn on the power switch, the tube heaters are on, no sound. Then you flip the standby switch to on, both switches in same direction. Then the amp is on.