Hey I was just wondering if there were any strat pickups out there that get the nirvana crunch/grunge sound... I have pedals that can do that but id rather just get pickups with the sound...(if not any like that any good ones u can suggest would be great) thanks for the help!
I think Kurt had a jaguar or a jazzmaster (one of the two) with P-90's.....

but then again I'm not sure at all.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
idk much about his setup, but i kno he used a BOSS DS-1 for distortion, its a very nice pedal and can be used for a lot of things!
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
damn, i used to know which pickups he had in his mustang but i dont remember anymore. google it
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
He played a jagstang, but everytime he would play live and smash a guitar, he played a standard strat.
Also, dont forget the EHX Small Clone.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by smoothie/92
I have pedals that can do that but id rather just get pickups with the sound...

...Really?

You'd rather "just get pickups", as opposed to pedals and amps that are easier to deal with?

Get the Boss DS-2, EHX Small Clone Chorus, and whatever amp he used. You'll get the sound far better than only changing your pickups.

I can't even imagine your thought process...

www.kurtsequipment.com
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome