Use a solid state/effects processor for practice, use a tube amp for performance?

I don't really have a question to ask, just a topic of discussion for a break from "which amp/is this amp good" topics. I don't know why I see people want a cheap tube amp for playing on their own. Sure, you can get good enough quality sound, but you're not benefitting from the tubes and you have to deal with tube replacement and care.

I just don't get the point of getting a little 5 watt tube amp for practice. A solid state amp for the same price will be a lot nicer for what you need.

Thoughts?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I'm very happy with my champ600, even clean it's a lot warmer than my Pignose (which, by no means, is a bad amp) plus it isn't too loud to be cranked at home, too!

Sure, you can get by just fine with a solid state amp for practising at home, but, at least for me, it was like a new reason to keep practicing when I got my champ, just because of that round, warmer tone...to each his own though.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Take the Blackstar HT5 for example, a low wattage tube amp with boutique like tone and a realistic price. Do I need one? No, not really. Do I want one? **** yes.

Oh, and a good slice of smooth, beefy power tube distortion will inspire me to play and develop my abilities far more than a digital, budget Plexi-ish sound.
Well yeah, that's a good excuse too. Guitarists just want more ****!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!