ive recently been playing a lot of metal like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall, and similar stuff. im using a guitar with humbuckers, no EMG's, and i just have a BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal. i want to get a distortion pedal that can give me that good, metal tone, where i can do good squealies and stuff. idk how else to describe it. btw, my experience with effects is minimal, so bare with me!

thanks
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Here's how it works for metal -

Guitar -> Cord -> Noise Suppressor -> Amp.

/thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i have a metal muff and, as the name mildly hints, it is good for metal tones as such
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Ackj
i have a metal muff and, as the name mildly hints, it is good for metal tones as such

This.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by strat0blaster
Here's how it works for metal -

Guitar -> Cord -> Noise Suppressor -> Amp.

/thread.

What would the noise suppressor do to give him a metal tone?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater

Prevent the retarded amounts of feedback you get when you stop playing or put space between muted notes. Most metal uses high gain amplification, and high gain + high volume = feedback.

Enter noise suppressor! Ta da!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Soul Eater

He means that all you need is distortion you like from an amp + a noise gate.
I think an OD and an eq are ok too. Remember, Overdrive, NOT distortion. Distortion makes your amp sound like a can of bees generally.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Quote by KillerNapkin
ive recently been playing a lot of metal like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall, and similar stuff. im using a guitar with humbuckers, no EMG's, and i just have a BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal. i want to get a distortion pedal that can give me that good, metal tone, where i can do good squealies and stuff. idk how else to describe it. btw, my experience with effects is minimal, so bare with me!

thanks

First dont call pinch harmonics "squealies" please. Second, metal muff is kinda tinny but its good. Third, line 6 uber metal is great if you dont mind playing with it. Mt-2 is pretty good i have one. fourth, metalcore seems to be alright too.
Quote by winterXsolstice
First dont call pinch harmonics "squealies" please. Second, metal muff is kinda tinny but its good. Third, line 6 uber metal is great if you dont mind playing with it. Mt-2 is pretty good i have one. fourth, metalcore seems to be alright too.

hahah ok

no more "squealies" since u sed so.

and call it "metalcore" from now on!

haha jk

but yea, thnx for everything guys
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Just trying to keep you from looking like an idiot. and when i said "metalcore" i was talking about the metalcore pedal. goodjob, you win.
Quote by KillerNapkin

thanks

you gave us some good detail except you forgot one important aspect

what Amp are you using?

thanks 311, beat me to it. and if you are looking for a decent pedal, were gonna need a budget, and where you are in the world....

i swear to god, im putting the "magic questions" in my sig right now! lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
from now on i am just gonna say "check it" or something like those kids are saying today. haha

i didnt miss anything did i?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals