Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
minuet and emily by from first to last.

Then the first song i learned at guitar lessons was Stairway To Heaven.
1st riff was iron man...unless you count plateau
1st full song was uncle john's band
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
First one was Bags' Groove, by someone I forget...

But the first song I learned by myself? Bolero by Maurice Ravel.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
First full song was Paperback Writer.
Other than that, I don't know if there was a certain riff/lick before that.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

THE GAME
Quote by LEPIV
1st riff was iron man...unless you count plateau
1st full song was uncle john's band

awww first full song was a dead song? thats badass
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
First full song was "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and I remember playin' that solo and being like "Oh yeah, I'm a bada**."
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Blink 182 - all the small things

/thread

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I've never learnt a full song. I've only ever learnt parts of songs (first riff I learnt was dammit). When I do gigs I sight read.
I learned a lot of parts of songs before I learned a full song. My first riff was the main one from Crazy Train about a week or two after I started playing. It was absolutely agony. I'd have to try like 20 times before I could pull of one sloppy rendition of the whole riff. Other ones I remember from my first year - opening riff to Sabbath's Paranoid. First minute or so (first three riffs) of Metallica's Seek and Destroy. First minute or so of Iron Maiden's phantom of the opera. And yep, Smoke on the Water of course.
My first whole song (I think, it was a long time ago), was Slayer's Angel of Death at about 75% speed and minus the solos.
First song I tried was Hey Joe
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
hm, I remember learning the simple version of the iron man riff (on the e string, like 0 3 3 5 5) like a year before I actually started learning guitar. but then when I actually first started learning for real I think the first was mary had a little lamb
i think...the first actual riff i learn was shinobi vs dragon ninja...but again..i didnt know what drop c was :P so i was in standard..

needless to say...it sounded bad
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
ode to joy i think it was that classical song im pretty sure thats the name of it
I Ain't Got You by the Yardbirds. Unless you count the dozens of songs I already knew on bass and just played that way on guitar.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
White Stripes - I dont know what to do with myself
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A