Overall, which do you guys think is a better processor? I'm a college student who lives in a dorm right now. I'm looking for something that can run with my headphones/computer speakers, as well as a preamp for my main amp, a Vox AD30VT. My Vox amp doesn't get enough gain, so I'm very interested in the distorted tones, especially the Mesa Dual Rec. I'm looking to spend up to $170 including tax, and these two seem pretty legit. Recording features are a plus, but will not make or break a sale. Also, which do you guys think would be easier to use live?

What do you guys recommend?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

i had the line 6 floor pod plus. i wasnt too pleased with it. the effects were too overdone and took over the amps natural tone. and the wah sucked big time. the only part i found useful was the ability to plug in directly to the unit and play without an amp through headphones. helped for late night practicing
A good used XT Live would be better, but like jvdude 3 says some of the amp models will take over (not all). Unfortunately you have a modeling amp and that's not the best fit for this type of processor. Save yourself some cash and just try a distortion pedal then start saving for a better amp.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
My Amp has a pretty solid clean channel, and I've put a Metal Muff through it in the past, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm looking for some good quality amp models. I'm not a big effects guy.

I've heard the digitech rp250 has a pretty good sound chip opposed to the Line 6. Do you guys know much about that?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.