not if you die
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You'll get a lot out of it, no doubt about it. But if you are able to go to college, I'd choose the latter.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
You'll get a lot out of it, no doubt about it. But if you are able to go to college, I'd choose the latter.

Your avatar and headline is awesome.
It really depends on what your trying to get out of it.

I know a few people who wanted to serve, and they love it and made careers out of it.

I know people who went in for college money and said it was aweful.
Quote by Captain Insano
It really depends on what your trying to get out of it.

I know a few people who wanted to serve, and they love it and made careers out of it.

I know people who went in for college money and said it was aweful.

Yeah I have to agree with this, if you are doing it because you want to be in the military then it probably is, if you are only doing it for the money/education then it probably isn't.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by InvaderTSN
Your avatar and headline is awesome.

thanks. I love the story about it.

Quote by Bubbles203
kinda related:

Can a Canadian join the US Military and get a citizenship out of it?

I'm like 90% sure you can't do that. I'm pretty sure you have to be a citizen to join that countries military.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Bubbles203
kinda related:

Yeah, but you'll likely have to renounce your Canadian citizenship, or you will lose it anyway since most countries will revoke your citizenship if you serve in a foreign army/

Last.fm
my buddy just got shipped off to boot camp on tuesday. ill see how it goes with him. my theology teacher was in the marines he said it straightened him out. i heard about some other people that went in the forces and said that they got really messed up (like rambo type). my friends brother is being shipped to Iraq soon which is weird because he has been in the states for 3 out of 4 years he is enlisted and never shipped. another friend is in ROTC it helps his financial situation out alot. he gets his books and tuition paid i think and also they pay him like $300 a month
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
One of the kids in my selling class got a call right before class came back in and about cried, he was activated for the 2nd time to go to iraq, he just looked devastated.

be prepared to deal with something like that if you want to join.
Quote by VanCamp
War is Hell.

+10000000. I've never been to war, and I don't want to. Just seeing how it's messed up people's minds is probably the worst part.

A friend of a friend of mine came back to Canada from Afghanistan and is completely ****ed. He burned 50% of his body, saw his friends die and now suffers from PTSD.
If you want to join, go for it... but make sure that you and your family are 100% ready for what might happen, and that you are 100% sure of what you are doing.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
I have two cousins who joined the Navy (canadian... so probly not as much action) because it basically puts you through a college education free (i think). Now they're trying, and having a hard time, getting out.
Quote by VanCamp
War is Hell.

"There is no hell. There is only France."

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by skaterskagg1
i'd join the air force if i did join.

As far as I know, the Air Force is much harder to get into (assuming you want to be a pilot). You have to be intelligent, skilled at flying and in damn good shape.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Quote by kurush
As far as I know, the Air Force is much harder to get into (assuming you want to be a pilot). You have to be intelligent, skilled at flying and in damn good shape.

Come on what are the odds of a Pit forum user flying an F-15 jet
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Heh. Maybe I'm better off with the Canadian military. Don't think I'll get to do anything though
i'm a mechanic guy so i'd want to be one of the mechanic guys that fix the planes and stuff. and i'd use the signing bonus to get the best damn guitar on the planet.
According to every recruiter who's ever approached me while I'm eating on my damned lunch break, the Military will get you out of debt, put you through school (no strings attached), and train you to blow the head off an enemy soldier while riding a white stallion and mumbling the Pledge of Allegiance. The first two promises sound a bit sketchy to me...
Quote by FreddieMercury
Come on what are the odds of a Pit forum user flying an F-15 jet

I'd say decent! I have pilot slot after graduation, but I want to fly helo's. But I can always change my mind before I track select.

And to the TS: If you can help it, become an officer.
Quote by Burnt
I'd say decent! I have pilot slot after graduation, but I want to fly helo's.

I have to say that, despite my personal feelings towards the Military, one of my dreams is to be an Apache pilot. My eyesight is already pretty well shot though, so that's already out.

Quote by BigBrownBeaver
stolen from thread.

It gets you hot chicks like the one on the left...... or is the woman on the right?
Quote by happytimeharry
According to every recruiter who's ever approached me while I'm eating on my damned lunch break, the Military will get you out of debt, put you through school (no strings attached), and train you to blow the head off an enemy soldier while riding a white stallion and mumbling the Pledge of Allegiance. The first two promises sound a bit sketchy to me...

Yeah recruiters are lying bastards, seriously if you are interested in joining but aren't sure yet always talk to someone you know who's in the military, not a recruiter.

Last.fm
Quote by Bubbles203
kinda related:

I'm not sure,but France and England have a foreign legion for people who aren't citizens
I have some family in the military and they tell me it's great. They made careers out of it and are about to retire in a couple of months.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by happytimeharry
I have to say that, despite my personal feelings towards the Military, one of my dreams is to be an Apache pilot. My eyesight is already pretty well shot though, so that's already out.

I know a lot of Army aviation is flown by warrant officers, so you could always look into that. As for eye sight, I know in the Air Force at least that people can get laser surgery to correct their vision if its within a certain range and want to fly.
Quote by Burnt
As for eye sight, I know in the Air Force at least that people can get laser surgery to correct their vision if its within a certain range and want to fly.

Yeah I'm not quite to the point of corrective surgery, but it will probably become an option in the near future. That's good to know that they allow it.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah I'm not quite to the point of corrective surgery, but it will probably become an option in the near future. That's good to know that they allow it.

Its kind of weird though. Right now the Air Force only accepts PRK (sorry, I don't remember what that stands for!). If you get the Lasik stuff, you can't fly. As far as I know, the reasoning is that PRK has been reviewed by the AF as effected*, but Lasik hasn't or has a chance of regression or something. Don't quote me though.

EDIT: Effective
Last edited by Burnt at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by Bubbles203
Heh. Maybe I'm better off with the Canadian military. Don't think I'll get to do anything though

Correction: you wont have to do anything.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Yeah, but you'll likely have to renounce your Canadian citizenship, or you will lose it anyway since most countries will revoke your citizenship if you serve in a foreign army/

Not sure what would happen in this situation, but the United States and Canada have laws in which somebody can become a dual citizen (citizens of both countries). I know that if at least one of your parents is American and you're born in Canada-then you're Canadian by birth but are automatically entitled to American citizenship (and the same is true of the opposite).

As far as becoming a US citizen from joining the military I'm not really sure how that works, but I assume that it might speed up the process, but wouldn't guarantee it.
Page 1 of 2