In casual music conversations, the question always come up, who is the best band?

Most of us will list off many from different genres and claim we have the all mighty music knowledge because we listen to "That" band.

Well, I offer you music geeks the question:

If you had to listen to only one band while lying in your death bed, offensive to the sexy nurse or not or to the old man on the other side of the almost see through curtain,
who would that band be and here is the hard part, WHY?

Remember That ONE Band.

Good luck and Ill see you on the beach!!!
Last edited by MPEvans at Nov 21, 2008,
Since I didn't answer my own question,

Wings - Band on the Run

Not my favorite band, but "Band on the Run" is my 1st music memory. I was a very young in the back of my moms car and she turned this song up so loud I freaked out. But i remember calming down and seeing my mom very happy singing this song.

Thats it, Band on the Run, Wings.
easy. no question... without a doubt.... hands down....

Alter Bridge

why? they're amazing. myles kennedy's voice does everything from make me rock out to bring me to tears like no one I've heard before. mark tremonti and myles as a lead/rhythm guitar tandem are phenomenal. then throw brian marshall and scott phillips in and there's no other band I'd rather spend my last moments listening to.

interestingly enough... while on their recent tour of the UK, they played In Loving Memory off their first album, One Day Remains, on many of the dates. one night they dedicated it to a girl who had recently passed away in a car accident, and as it turned out had an Alter Bridge CD in her car changer at the time.
Quote by MPEvans
Nice, I was just Listening to The Ties That Bind....awsome, awsome band.

thanks. yeah they are, and they're even better live. I've seen them 3 times and they haven't disappointed me yet.
Quote by uctlaum01
easy. no question... without a doubt.... hands down....

Alter Bridge

why? they're amazing. myles kennedy's voice does everything from make me rock out to bring me to tears like no one I've heard before. mark tremonti and myles as a lead/rhythm guitar tandem are phenomenal. then throw brian marshall and scott phillips in and there's no other band I'd rather spend my last moments listening to.

interestingly enough... while on their recent tour of the UK, they played In Loving Memory off their first album, One Day Remains, on many of the dates. one night they dedicated it to a girl who had recently passed away in a car accident, and as it turned out had an Alter Bridge CD in her car changer at the time.

you hit this right on, and it's so hard to go against AB, but i am going to have to say Silverchair here. When Frogstomp and Freakshow came out those 2 albums were in my player for 5 years lol. Daniel is the reason i picked up the guitar.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mixed Cd

and Pro-Pain's - Content Under Pressure would def up there on the list..
The most talented man on earth...