Alright so I've been looking at the Danelectro Dano Pro Reissue (yes I know it's discontinued but I've been thinking of trying to get one) and I wanted to know people's opinions on it as 1. there aren't many reviews on it and 2. many reviews are biased so if anybody could answer a few questions for me I would greatly appreciate it

1. (most important of all!!!!) I'm worried about getting a guitar that, to easily put it, is a pure beginner's guitar. My first and only electric guitar that is purely mine is a Ibanez GAX70...but ever since I started to become more experienced I've become a bit of a tone freak (I play my dad's Lmtd. Edition American Deluxe Fender Strat). I know it won't be nearly as good as this, but is it a beginner guitar or not? (AKA does it sound/seem like a cheepo guitar)

2. I dont really care if it has a good diversity as I can always use my Ibanez for distortion, but what I'm looking for is a nice mellowish sound and does it really have a twangy sound for the bridge pickup (what genres is it good for)? (sorry if this is 2 close to #1)

3. (another offbranch of 1) Is it good quality/a good guitar? I'm aware of the fact that any frets above fret 14 are unaccessable and this doesn't bother me, but besides this is the neck nice/comfortable, is the wood decent?

thanks for any adivce, i'm realizing the questions are kinda the same...but I think everybody'll get the gist
I have had a Danelectro guitar before. And, i hated it a lot. I found it cheap and i never used it. The neck warped on it and it would not hold a tune. It may have been a defect, i don't have a clue. I hope this helped.
yah that helps mabye i'll save up for a mexican tele...do you remember what danelectro model you had?
There's nothing "beginner" about a Danelectro guitar. they're certainly not on the level of, say, a G&L or a Gibson, but pro musicians use them for a reason, and that reason is that nothing else sounds like a Danelectro. properly set up, it'll do just fine.

I've never personally tried a Danelectro, though I've wanted to for quite some time. however, people that I talk to have loved their Dano Pro reissues. Certainly has all the twang and mellowness you'll need.

Quality of the recent reissues are rather good, from all I hear.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Great! Thats nice to know. You have a point about professionals using them. I think I'll try to find one in shop and test it it, but they certainly are a lot cheaper and more unique than a comparable mex. tele. More unique to!
well iv got a dano pro re-issue and it's a super cool guitar, they don't sound cheap at all, they sound brilliant, iv always said that clean they have a tone to rival strats/teles whatever and i still stick by that statement, i own a 1988 fender strat which sounds gorgeous, i hand picked it out of a bunch of intage and new strats and i really think teh danelectro sounds just as good clean, distorted is a different story, danos can do a good country/blues oevrdrive or a funky garage rock sorta tone but apart from that they handle gain ok but not great.

as for the quality, i ordered mine of teh net and it was great, really nice low action with a really smooth neck

and if all that hasn't tempted you to try one, i like them so much i own 3, each one just as good as the last if not more so... ( )
Quote by Wulver
There's nothing "beginner" about a Danelectro guitar. they're certainly not on the level of, say, a G&L or a Gibson, but pro musicians use them for a reason, and that reason is that nothing else sounds like a Danelectro. properly set up, it'll do just fine.

I've never personally tried a Danelectro, though I've wanted to for quite some time. however, people that I talk to have loved their Dano Pro reissues. Certainly has all the twang and mellowness you'll need.

Quality of the recent reissues are rather good, from all I hear.

There were some early to mid 90's Danelectro's that were pretty cheaply made though. I think that may be what Tsotsi757 is talking about.
They are not beginner guitars.
It's a good quality guitar as far as Danelectro goes, it's not like they cost $2000
I love mine, it's alot of fun to play surf and rockabilly on, even some blues.
The neck pickup offers alot of throaty twang and the bridge is really tin-ny
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by cranium2001
There were some early to mid 90's Danelectro's that were pretty cheaply made though. I think that may be what Tsotsi757 is talking about.

well iv got a 90's reissue aswell and it's fine, it does have a bridge sag but that happens with all the 90's danos and can be fixed by replacing it with one of the new danobidges but the dano pro which he referred to is an 07' release, the recent guitars (06 and onwards) are a bit different, basically they only manufacture a limited number of each guitar and they are manufactured very well
Quote by Gnomestar
well iv got a 90's reissue aswell and it's fine, it does have a bridge sag but that happens with all the 90's danos and can be fixed by replacing it with one of the new danobidges but the dano pro which he referred to is an 07' release, the recent guitars (06 and onwards) are a bit different, basically they only manufacture a limited number of each guitar and they are manufactured very well

I said that is probably what Tsotsi757 is talking about.
Quote by Gnomestar
well iv got a dano pro re-issue and it's a super cool guitar, they don't sound cheap at all, they sound brilliant, iv always said that clean they have a tone to rival strats/teles whatever and i still stick by that statement, i own a 1988 fender strat which sounds gorgeous, i hand picked it out of a bunch of intage and new strats and i really think teh danelectro sounds just as good clean, distorted is a different story, danos can do a good country/blues oevrdrive or a funky garage rock sorta tone but apart from that they handle gain ok but not great.

as for the quality, i ordered mine of teh net and it was great, really nice low action with a really smooth neck

and if all that hasn't tempted you to try one, i like them so much i own 3, each one just as good as the last if not more so... ( )

ok this is great...would you mind telling me which models you have as well?? just to get an idea

and yah i just really want it for the cleans as i have an ibanez if i need to crank some distortion on aha.
Quote by Gnomestar
an 06 model 56 pro

07 Dano pro

and late 90's DC2

great..and this'll be my last question (sorry for pestering you so much)

which of those is your favorite (ignoring the fact that the 07 dano pro's neck is cut off at above the 14th fret)..i forgot to ask in the last ? in my last response..sorry
The Dano '59 is great great great. And not just because Jimmy Page uses them!
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by RunForrestRun
great..and this'll be my last question (sorry for pestering you so much)

which of those is your favorite (ignoring the fact that the 07 dano pro's neck is cut off at above the 14th fret)..i forgot to ask in the last ? in my last response..sorry

none really, it's kinda like picking a favourite child, can't do it :P

i will say though that the Pro has a thinner neck, so it's great fun for playing lotsa country/bluesy licks, while the 56 is more comfortable for playing chord based stuff and the DC is kinda in between

the Pro is also really small which is quite nice cos im a small guy, it's also by far the coolest looking guitar