So I need something new to listen to Pit so throw me some names. I listen to everything from All Time Low to Between the Buried And Me to Jack Johnson to The Rolling Stones.

Any suggestions?
Something outside of the rock genre. Venetian Snares, Merzbow, Bach, Mozart, Muddy Waters, Iannis Xenakis, Basshunter, Huun Huur Tu
go to my last.fm page and check out my playlist, I'm sure the majority of the stuff on there will be new to you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by SpelChek
Something outside of the rock genre. Venetian Snares, Merzbow, Bach, Mozart, Muddy Waters, Iannis Xenakis, Basshunter, Huun Huur Tu

i'm still trying to get into merzbow... but i just can't

listen to giraffes? giraffes!
Quote by SpelChek

I've got Bach and Mozart and some other composers as well. But aside from Muddy Waters the rest of those I don't know...

You dont know what life is if u never listenned to Butckethead (I strongly suggest u Jordan)
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by Geezus
You dont know what life is if u never listenned to Butckethead (I strongly suggest u Jordan)

Nottingham Lace > Jordan.

/rabble-rousing
Quote by deluxity
i'm still trying to get into merzbow... but i just can't

listen to giraffes? giraffes!

Oooh man, excellant **** there. Glad someone else here has heard of him. Try Pulse Demon or Annihiloscillator (sp?) Its definantly an aquired taste, lol.
Quote by Geezus

I have, as well as Vai, Satch and Malmsteen
My latest addiction is "New Clouds" by Spiral Beach.
(Yeah, I'm guilty for seeing it on Charlie Bartlett first)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtZ5pX1148

And "Diamond Sea" by Sonic Youth because no matter how many years go by, no matter how many times I've heard it, it's still an amazing song.
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by evilgerbil666
I have, as well as Vai, Satch and Malmsteen

Try Jason Becker -Perpetual Burn. He's definantly the greatest shredder ever In my opinion. While you're at it his old band Cacophony, with Marty Friedman (Megadeth, Solo) as the other guitarist.
I've got some new bands now, but I've heard most of these.

Anyone know stuff similar to either All That Remains or Jefferson Airplane?
Lemon Demon
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by InvaderTSN
Alestorm.

This.
Also try Bad Religion, NOFX, Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly. Some good punx.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
This.
Also try Bad Religion, NOFX, Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly. Some good punx.

I have all of those actually, but thanks. I need more good punk bands
Quote by evilgerbil666

Jefferson Airplane? Probably a little Fleetwood Mac.
As far as awesome female vocalists go though, I would say check out a little Cat Power.
For the other side of Jefferson Airplane, I wanna say like I Am The Walrus or Across the Universe by The Beatles.
I have no clue who All That Remains is.

And also I really enjoy Television (whom sadly I've only gotten into about a year ago)

Check out "Marquee Moon" and "Elevation"...

Quote by evilgerbil666
I have all of those actually, but thanks. I need more good punk bands

Not the hugest fan of punk, but I have always loved Crass.
Quote by evilgerbil666

Google list of metalcore bands, there you go. Although I do really like all that remains, theyre kinda the top of the heap for me.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
If you like All That Remains you must check out The Human Abstract (one of the only metalcore bands I can stand)
Quote by SpelChek
Try Jason Becker -Perpetual Burn. He's definantly the greatest shredder ever In my opinion. While you're at it his old band Cacophony, with Marty Friedman (Megadeth, Solo) as the other guitarist.

Marty Friedman >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason Becker.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dispatch I liked. Kind of a reggae vibe to it.

Listening to The Human Abstract now.

Next is:
Fleetwood Mac
Cat Power

And I've listened to The Beatles, I've got over 400 of their songs (Anthology ftw)
Quote by evilgerbil666

Listening to The Human Abstract now.

Next is:
Fleetwood Mac
Cat Power

And I've listened to The Beatles, I've got over 400 of their songs (Anthology ftw)

You mean youve never heard fleetwood? Were you sheltered as a kid?
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
You mean youve never heard fleetwood? Were you sheltered as a kid?

Haha, no, not much. As I said, I need new musik
Showbread
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Quote by evilgerbil666

Yeah a few of their songs have some reggae influences, but not all. I'd recommend tracking down Time Served, Elias, The General, and Lightning just to get a little taste of them. Every album has a pretty different sound.