Page 1 of 3
Hi im starting an online band. I am 17 and i have played for slighly over a year. Music i wanna play is anything from Papa roach, dragonforce, metallica, to boys like girls and anything in between. I am the guitarist, but i might want a 2nd one too slots are...

Lead Guitar-Chrisx16x2008
Rhythm Guitar- Chrisx16x2008
2nd guitar-guitar-godfrey
Drums-
Vocalist-shadow__666
Bass-lordrcceaser
Keyboard(might not have one)-
Last edited by chrisx16x2008 at Nov 26, 2008,
you know the name of this website, and yet, you have the guitar spots filled
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I can do either guitar, drums, bass, or keyboard. But I'll go ahead and warn you I'm not the best on the drums.
You're just allowing people in without having any knowledge of their musical ability? I smell a heaping pile of musical failure....

edit: and having played for only a year i highly doubt you're ready for a band quite yet bud, unless you're some prodigy

edit edit: how do you even plan on communicating musically if the people you cast (or you idk) don't understand theory?
Last edited by rojomeansred at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by rojomeansred
You're just allowing people in without having any knowledge of their musical ability? I smell a heaping pile of musical failure....

edit: and having played for only a year i highly doubt you're ready for a band quite yet bud, unless you're some prodigy

edit edit: how do you even plan on communicating musically if the people you cast (or you idk) don't understand theory?

well for I know music theory fine, and I'm letting just anyone in right now just to get it started whoever sux will be out. Also why does everyone say ur not ready for a band after a year, this year has been a learning experience. If they dont wanna join cuz its only been a year they dont have to take the chance and this is an online band because i thought it might at least getting started to see how it is being in a band.
In my role as town ***** of UG's vocalists, I'd be keen to do vocals, but I can't do high screams. Is that a problem?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztuFVeQrqc

well if you understand theory and are willing to talk things over in depth there's my application for lead guitar....and if you want to stay lead I'll do keyboards i don't have a video of that and i'm not that great at it but i can do some simple backing chords and cool melodies and possibly some harmonies with the guitar....not saying i'm in it for the long haul but if we start off and it looks promising i'll for sure do it.

i still have a feeling its going nowhere, but you never know if you don't try and there's no harm in trying

oh and if shadow is doing vocals low screams are the best by the way
Last edited by rojomeansred at Nov 26, 2008,
I can do low screams easily.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I wanna know how u guyz are gonna do this online... Plz explain.
Quote by rojomeansred
My guess is we'll have to send mp3's back and forth with info about the parts (chords used, key, tempo etc) and we'll all have to add to it piece by piece and discuss what directions we want to take the songs

Thanks, I thought the same thing about 4 years ago. And when I talked about it, everyone laughed at my idea. But now I see many of these online bands. Hmmm...
Does anyone know what songs we want to start doing?
Quote by Cathbard
the online band will work like this we al get something like yahoo messenger or something to communicate. After the band actually has all members then we talk about first song to learn, we wont need to send mp3's back a forth too much unless someone makes an original song.
Quote by rojomeansred
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztuFVeQrqc

well if you understand theory and are willing to talk things over in depth there's my application for lead guitar....and if you want to stay lead I'll do keyboards i don't have a video of that and i'm not that great at it but i can do some simple backing chords and cool melodies and possibly some harmonies with the guitar....not saying i'm in it for the long haul but if we start off and it looks promising i'll for sure do it.

i still have a feeling its going nowhere, but you never know if you don't try and there's no harm in trying

oh and if shadow is doing vocals low screams are the best by the way

If you wanna be lead guita rojomeansred thats fine i'll be rhythm
im down for originals but i dont make my own songs so if u had originals thats fine. and i thought originals would be more work since u have to learn how the song goes and on covers u just can go look it up on youtube or something.
ok then we can do your originals, also Everyone who is planning on being in the band, you can IM me on Yahoo or AIM at chrisx16x2008
I would prefer to do originals also. I'm always writing lyrics, so if you guys could give me an idea what sort of stuff you want me to write I could get to work on those.

I don'y have Yahoo or AIM, but my MSN is no__wave@hotmail.com so if you wanna chat on there also that's cool.
Quote by Cathbard
I agree with Rojo, oringals would be easier to do online then cover songs would be. Well if it turns out you need a keyboardist or another bass let me know.
Last edited by Wolfie13 at Nov 28, 2008,
i've been playing keyboard for about 4-5 years now and that's the style i like. last band i was in i played a little rhtymn with synth acoustic sounds, and backup vocals, lead vocals and then whatever we wrote let me know
Hey guys, sorry to drop it on you but I got a throat infection and they're gonna take my tonsils out, so I won't be singing for a few months at least. I'm gonna have to pull out. Soz.
Quote by Cathbard
your coming in here acting the part saying your gonna kick anyone who sucks out.. if your in a band and only playing a year looks like your going to kick yourself out
metalaxxe11, for all u know i could kill the **** out of your guitar playing, so how bout u stfu and stop being judgmental u mother ****er.
HEY!
sorry, but i had to get your attention. chris, you ignored both my post and my private message. i'm a keyboardist looking for a band, so this sounds like a plan. please read my first post and let me know. thanks.
explorer sorry for ignoring your posts and messages, i must have not been paying attention. and it sounds good if you wanna be in the band, but everyone kinds left so we still need drums, bass, and possible second guitarist.
I can do bass
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
we could post adds on kijiji.com it's unbelievable how many people will see it.
Page 1 of 3